How much would you pay for these specs?

Re: How much would you pay for these specs?

Postby TroyNation » Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:07 am

Great question MM. I am somewhat of a cheap blah blah blah, so I've limited myself to the $150 - $200 range for a MID. I already have a decktop and laptop, so I can't really shell out more than that. Also I don't really need all of the features that other posters are looking for.

millionmonkeys wrote:Well, how much??? :|

* Network: 3G 850/1900/2100MHz .

Here's the thing. I really don't need 3G on a MID. I already have a Crackberry, so I don't want to pay for another data plan. If I can use it on the wireless router at home, I'll be happy.
millionmonkeys wrote:* Operating System: Android™ 2.1
* Apps: Thousands of Android™ 2.1 applications via Android Market™

I want Android. So I'm stuck between settling for a MID w/ an older version that works or going for a newer version like 2.1 or 2.2. I think I'd may prefer to pay the extra money to go straight to Android 2.2 so that I can download all of the current ebook apps like Nook and Kindle.

millionmonkeys wrote:* Screen: 800 x 480 pixel WVGA resistive touch screen with bundled stylus.

I do know that I want a capacitive screen. I already have a PMP w/ a resistive screen that is pretty much hit and miss.

millionmonkeys wrote:* Connectivity: Wi-Fi (b/g/n), Bluetooth.
* Navigation: GPS built in.

Gotta have Bluetooth and GPS. I use my Bluetooth headsets on a regular basis. I may consider paying for a data plan if I use GPS on a MID as much as I use it on my Crackberry.

Postby millionmonkeys » Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:18 am

You raise many good points.

The thing that interested me most is the possibility of some decent hacking, given it is a rebadged Huawei S7 (which will be all over the world I guess). Specs wise, it covers just about all bases (sure resistive isnt preferred) and if it is $299 now, it's gotta be heading for ~$200 in the near future.

Postby sere83 » Fri Oct 29, 2010 8:58 am

This was released in the UK a while back. I'd give it a miss if I were you, battery's appalling apparently. There's really no longer any excuse for a resistive touchscreen either, they really need to bphase these out. Capacitive screens are really not that expensive anymore. My phone cost £99 and has a capacitive 800x480 AMOLED.
Audio: Samsung YP-Q2
Video/Web: On the lookout for an Android Tablet
Blog: (Relaunch Soon, with any luck)

Return to “Tablet, Smartphone & Media Player Discussion”