Great question MM. I am somewhat of a cheap blah blah blah, so I've limited myself to the $150 - $200 range for a MID. I already have a decktop and laptop, so I can't really shell out more than that. Also I don't really need all of the features that other posters are looking for.
Well, how much???
* Network: 3G 850/1900/2100MHz .
Here's the thing. I really don't need 3G on a MID. I already have a Crackberry, so I don't want to pay for another data plan. If I can use it on the wireless router at home, I'll be happy.
* Operating System: Android™ 2.1
* Apps: Thousands of Android™ 2.1 applications via Android Market™
I want Android. So I'm stuck between settling for a MID w/ an older version that works or going for a newer version like 2.1 or 2.2. I think I'd may prefer to pay the extra money to go straight to Android 2.2 so that I can download all of the current ebook apps like Nook and Kindle.
* Screen: 800 x 480 pixel WVGA resistive touch screen with bundled stylus.
I do know that I want a capacitive screen. I already have a PMP w/ a resistive screen that is pretty much hit and miss.
* Connectivity: Wi-Fi (b/g/n), Bluetooth.
* Navigation: GPS built in.
Gotta have Bluetooth and GPS. I use my Bluetooth headsets on a regular basis. I may consider paying for a data plan if I use GPS on a MID as much as I use it on my Crackberry.