The AM-90 are probably the most affordable balanced armature earphones currently on the market, with the metal housing and special cable the AM-90 is certainly one of the better bang for buck earphones you can find. The sound leans more to the balanced category with the mids being the strongest part of the earphones sound signature. The earphones are suitable for less bass heavy music.
- Transducers/Drivers: Balanced Armature
- Frequency range: 20 ~ 20000Hz
- DC resistance: 15ohms
- Sensitivity: 109 ± 2dB at 1Khz/mW
- Cable Length: 1.2m
- Connector: 3.5mm gold plated
- 1 x Pair of silicone ear tips (S/M/L)
- 1 x Foam tips
- 1 x Tri-Flange tips
- 1 x Hard Case
*The included accessories with these earphones can change at any time, as can the outer packaging design. The photographs of the packaging, and the list of included accessories, may not necessarily reflect what your package will look like or the accessories you will receive if the manufacturer decide to make a change. We will, however, do our best to keep this page up to date.
You may also be interested in the following product(s)
- more than 1 year(s)
- First and foremost the build quality is amazing i wish every company built headphose this strong and durable, that is why the are my spare pair when i travel incase my main pair breaks.
As for the sound' highly detailed, maybe a bit on the harsh side(might be just my ears). They just dont fit my style of listening but that dosen't mean they are bad, if you like highly analytical and detailed music use these. But use an AMP.
- more than 3 month(s)
- great quality
- good for acoustic and vocal music
- natural bass
- clear sound
- sound is to much muddy for my taste
- tinny sounding without EQ (they like V-shape settings)
- i've received these headphones 3 days ago, new package (not the beige box anymore). Inside of the box there were one pair of red foam tips (very very soft), 2 pair of silicone tips (M and L size), the earphones were using the S-size silicone tips and it came, and the small bag to transport 'em. So, i was somekinda dissapointed because i expected more tips and a better pouch, like the hard clam case it came in the previous version (based on the reviews i read online). There were no 3-flange tips or any additional tips. The sound out-of-the-box was pleasant and i know it will become better after some burn-in. they are comfortable (the S-size silicone tips and the foam tips fits me better) and i can sleep with 'em in my ears, Microphonics are present, but if you wear the cable over the ear, microphonics will be gone. Overall i'm satisfied, this is my first set of Balance Armature :)
- more than 5 month(s)
- Received my order today from MP4Nation and was excited to try them out. Tried out the tips that it came with and they fit me quite well.
Coming to the sound, it sounds great right out of the box. The sound is balanced and the stage is not very wide, but I'm sure burning it in a bit would fix that.
Using a bit of EQ on the sound helps modify it. As I said, got them just today so I'll burn them in for around 100 hours and then post an updated review.
For now, they are much better than the standard earphones I was using earlier.
- These are one of the least expensive balanced armature earphones. Included in the package were 3 silicone ear tips (S/M/L), foam tips, white silicon tips (M) and soft pouch. The earphones use a well built aluminium housing and a flexible translucent cable. These are really comfortable and really light to wear.
They sound really good. The bass isn't as punchy as other earphones but definitely present. It has a really warm sound and is currently my favourite set of earphones. It is a shame that it is not as well known as other brands but this is a definite must buy. Very high quality construction and it is one of the best sounding. Highly recommended.
- more than 1 year(s)
- Very good constrution and sound. They are midrange centric with good detail, clean and precise highs. The lows are punch, clean and precise too. they don't have much power bass, but they are very good for a BA. I have brainwavz B2 and astrotec am-90 is more fun but it has less precise and clean sound. They are a bargain and for the price 36-40 dollars are amazing! For the price I gave 5/5 stars and for general sound quality comparation ( I have many in-ear headphones) 7.3/10. Sorry my english!
- more than 8 month(s)
- Mine, like Guido's, arrived in black too and I absolutely love their build and looks. The sound's amazing – I'm noticing things in songs I didn't know had been there –, but it's my first pair of balanced armature earphones, so I'm not really an expert.
Bassy sounds aren't as distinct as with my previous earphones (Brainwavz Beta v1) but I actually prefer the clear, leveled reproduction, so I'm very happy with my purchase.
- more than 11 month(s)
- These Astrotec, arrived in black variant (very nice built with good materials) are my first balanced armature. I use them to listen jazz and classic music, fantastic sound quality is very clean and precise, especially in the midrange and treble. The transparent cable is amazing.
- more than 1 year(s)
- Very interesting headphones. Most of all I like the way they play in the middle range. For example: vocal, jazz, guitar.
Good sound insulation.