The FiiO E6 portable headphone amplifier is the successor to FiiO's immensely popular E5, offering improved sound quality, a new aesthetic and high power output capable of driving high end, high impedance headphones, as well as a good signal to noise ratio and low levels of sound distortion.
The E6, like the E5, is designed to work with any portable audio source, such as MP3 players, iPods, mobile phones and tablets. With a new design, the E6 still maintains a small footprint with sleek style. Though not clad in metal like its predecessor, this actually decreases its weight making it all the more portable and comfortable.
The E6 is an ideal amplifier for those looking for something portable and powerful to take on the go.
- "FiiO is again taking the concept of entry level to a new height with E6." - In Ear Matters
- "the E6 offers a very affordable and portable headphone amp solution that offers some of the sonic benefits of its more expensive rivals [...] And even if you're not convinced by its standard setting's benefits, the EQ modes alone justify its cost." - Trusted Reviews
- Robust design handles high impedance and low sensitivity headphones
- Easy to carry (lightweight) and use both indoors and outdoors
- Built-in electronic volume control for ultra low noise
- Multiple built-in EQ profiles
- Output power: 150mW (16ohms loaded); 16mW (300ohms loaded)
- Signal to noise ratio: >= 95dB (A weight)
- Distortion: < 0.009% (10mW)
- Frequency response: 10Hz - 100KHz
- USB charger port and rechargerable li-ion battery
- Dimensions (E6): 41 x 40.2 x 8mm
- Dimensions (Packaging): 170 x 86 x 20mm
- Net weight: 16g
- Gross weight: 93g
- 2 x 3.5mm interconnect cable (1 long, 1 short)
- 1 x USB cable
- 1 x Manual
*The included accessories with this product can change at any time, as can the outer packaging design. The photographs of the packaging, and the list of included accessories, may not necessarily reflect what your package will look like or the accessories you will receive if the manufacturer decides to make a change. We will, however, do our best to keep this page up to date.
Video Testimonials & ReviewsNo video uploaded yet
You may also be interested in the following product(s)
- more than 2 month(s)
- i was amazed by the power this little guy has! it's half the size of a matchbox and got me a week of battery life! the sound quality was also amazing, even my girlfriend was surpized :D
- I got my E6 few weeks back.
The Build quality in the e6 is below average. The volume rocker is really creaky and the bass boost button is really easy to press. The all plastic construction makes it really light(16g) butsacrifices on the build of the amp. Its also a fingerprint magnet.
The circuitary inside the e6 is top notch. The inside compensates for the outside.(Pardon the pun ;) ) There are three modes on the fiio. EQ1,EQ2, and EQ3. The first eq Increases the bass by about 8.5db. The second EQ, which i found to be better, increases the bass by around 4.5db. Im not sure what the third EQ does. When i put it on the third eq, I found it just reduces the volume a bit. Fiio does say this is for high power jacks, and whenni comnected my galaxy tab 10.1, it did just reduce the volume. I preferred the bass boost in the e5. The amplification is by around 25-30% of the original volume. The overall quality of the music did not increase much, but ill have to try with the L9 cable as well. The hissing noise that was present on the e5 has been done away with in the e6. Cell phone signals dont interfere with it as well.
The Fiio e6 is an amazing product for its price point. The eq modes alone will justify the 28$. If the circuitary had been put into an Aluminium body and had been made in germany, they could have charged around 200$ and gotten away with it. If you had a 100$, i would say go for the e7, but this product is amazing for the 28$ you pay for it.
- more than 3 month(s)
- Don't be fooled by the price of this cheap amp. It is best bang for a buck. It is very small and light. No popup sound when turned on. No channel imbalance, like the cheap amps with analog volume control. Very transparent. Very low output impedance, under 1 Ohm. Very satisfied with this little jewel. If you need very small, very light, very cheap and good sounding amp - E6 is your answer.
- more than 5 month(s)
- I have been using this with the ATH m50's and it's a very good combination. Personally, i don't find the different EQ settings very usefull, but that is probably because my phone has a very good EQ itself. The E6 gets a little disturbed by the signals coming from the phone when you have a bad signal. Still, if you have a good pair of headphones and havent tried them with an AMP yet, prepare to be amazed ;)
Because of the small size and good battery life this is a very portable product that fits in your pocket with your phone/mp3player!
I'd give it 4,5 stars, but since i have to choose between 4 or 5 it has to be 5!
- more than 1 year(s)
- Compared to the amplifier in Fiio E17 Alpen, the E6 is inferior.
However, it does have its use.
I use it primarily with Sandisk Sansa Clip Plus. Sansa's sound is a bit narrow and cold, Fiio E6 makes it warmer and wider, pretty close to the Alpen's sound.
My biggest problem with it that there is no display of the sound volume and it doesn't reset the volume after a shutdown (like Alpen). Because of this, you may occasionally blast your ears with a music that is way too loud.
Battery life is pretty good, 8-10 hours depending on volume.
Overall, it's really good for a portable amplifier at this price.
- more than 5 month(s)
- This amplifier for headphone makes the sound better! After using this for you won't go back! The sound improves a whole lot! It's very small and don't weigh much.
- I've been using my Microsoft Zune HD for almost two years now & I've always felt that it was lacking in bass. That's why I gave the FiiO E6 a try, especially since I have had no prior experience whatsoever with headphone amplifiers.
I like the compact build of the E6 but I think that it's more suited for home use, though, since I find it bothersome to carry it outdoors (even with the presence of a shirt clip).
I've been using the E6 with my BRAINWAVZ ProAlphas, SoundMAGIC PL11s, & SoundMAGIC E10s. I do agree with many that the second EQ setting (with the Blue LED) is the best. Not too much bass for enough clarity. I'm surprised that such a little device like this can do wonders for personal listening.
Only a couple of things are preventing me from giving the E6 a "5":
1. I'm not really too thrilled about the E6's glossy surface: it's not only a fingerprint magnet but also a scratch magnet. A matte finish would've sufficed.
2. I also would advise user to exercise care when using the "spring" switch of the EQ. I'm a bit wary about the build quality of this particular part.
Overall, this is a recommended purchase at its price point, especially for those who want an introduction of experiencing more "oomph" to their music.
- I have ipod nano 2g but ı know not good... I am tryed with nano but result, incredible... I think; ıf I try more better dap, result will be perfect.
Thank you mp4nation.net.
- Bought this as a bundle with M4 and I was surprised with this little device!
To be honest, I hate the idea of having extra device to the player especially while I am out on the road. However, this E6 prove me wrong! It made the IEM sound better and there are LED selector for me to choose where I want to amplifly (low mid high).
The device is really small (albeit I don't favour the square shape) but it give me up to 14hrs of battery life! I couldn't believe it and try another time where I managed to get at least 12 hrs. I don't favour the glossy plastic surface as they maybe prone to scratched. I think is best if we can have matt surface?
- Got it with my Brainwavz M4.
It has very low output impedance of 0.25, wchich makes it perfect for powering IEM's.
Some players/tablets have high output impedance which lowers the damping factor( the higher DF the better), E6 is a fix for that.
Plug it into a player with output impedance of 10(which cannot drive 18ohm IEM's properly) and you get better sound quality.
Battery life is 10 hours in my case which makes me able to use it on long flights.
Build in EQ is much better than the one in my player(my player's EQ dissorts the sound).
It's very suitable for IEM's but lacks the power to drive high impedance headphones.