MP4 Nation Forums
MP4 Nation Store - MP4 Nation Blog - MP4 Nation Facebook - Brainwavz Website

It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:40 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 6:25 am 

Hey guys, just got a new VX545HD and was wondering how I go about updating to the latest firmware? I downloaded the latest 1.2 file from the website but the program that comes with it is all in chinese and seems to want about 5 different files and has 2 different buttons, I don't fancy breaking it straight away!

Could anyone be so kind as to give me quick step by step instructions on how to update the firmware using that program? I take it you can't use the old method of copying the file to the root of the player anymore...

Cheers,

James.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 7:05 am 

jimmmeh wrote:
Hey guys, just got a new VX545HD and was wondering how I go about updating to the latest firmware? I downloaded the latest 1.2 file from the website but the program that comes with it is all in chinese and seems to want about 5 different files and has 2 different buttons, I don't fancy breaking it straight away!

Could anyone be so kind as to give me quick step by step instructions on how to update the firmware using that program? I take it you can't use the old method of copying the file to the root of the player anymore...

Cheers,

James.

Hi James, welcome to the Forum. You can update your player to 1.2 the 'old way', it works without a problem. What this tool supposedly does (haven't used it) is format the internal memory of the player as well, so you have to backup your data before updating.

If you update the old way your data is safe.

COWON D2+ / COWON S9 / HTC HD2 / cMoy v2.02 Amp

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 7:49 am 

1. turn off the device
2. when the device is off, press the return button, don't release, connect usb cable, keep pressing the button
3. windows say found a new usb, use the device driver in USB folder where you unzip the downloaded file. windows will finish the installation.
4. release the return button, run VX545HD??????_V2.0.exe
5. on the right side of screen, there are 5 buttons, click the first one to pick thr file IPL_V2.0.bin,
6. the second one is cn2008_cfg_VX545HD_PE00_W31.dl,
7. the third one is VX545HD.hxf
8. click the second big button on the left side to start the update. When it is over, disconnect USB

warning: all files in your device will be deleted, files on the microsd are intact.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 3:00 pm 

or just copy the HXF file to the player, turn it off, hold the power and the rewinnd (or fast forward) and the player will automatically update

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 5:47 pm 

Thanks for the helpful responses guys, much appreciated :)