Any News on the Out of Phase Problem?

sycA
Junior Member
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed Apr 01, 2009 8:28 am

Re: Any News on the Out of Phase Problem?

Postby sycA » Fri Apr 03, 2009 1:48 am

Can someone please describe what the problem is and what occurs exactly?

plazma
Member
Posts: 97
Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2009 4:02 pm
Location: Finland
Contact:

Re: Any News on the Out of Phase Problem?

Postby plazma » Fri Apr 03, 2009 2:34 am

sycA wrote:Can someone please describe what the problem is and what occurs exactly?

Read this post:
http://www.mp4nation.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=90555#p90555
And this picture should make it clear. Both channels should have the same phase but the other one is inverted:
http://img187.imageshack.us/my.php?image=sflo50hzah3.jpg

Ranger Wolf
Senior Member
Posts: 386
Joined: Sun Mar 22, 2009 4:57 pm
Location: America

Re: Any News on the Out of Phase Problem?

Postby Ranger Wolf » Fri Apr 03, 2009 10:34 am

Does every S:flo have this problem or just some?
Now in the S:Flo crowd :D
ImageImage

plazma
Member
Posts: 97
Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2009 4:02 pm
Location: Finland
Contact:

Re: Any News on the Out of Phase Problem?

Postby plazma » Fri Apr 03, 2009 1:35 pm

Ranger Wolf wrote:Does every S:flo have this problem or just some?


AFAIK no one have tested a S:flo not having the problem. I guess most users don't notice it or if they do they don't recognize the cause. The problem is much worse with external speakers than on headphones.

manoverboard
Member
Posts: 43
Joined: Thu Aug 21, 2008 5:25 pm
Location: Adelaide, South Australia

Re: Any News on the Out of Phase Problem?

Postby manoverboard » Sat Apr 04, 2009 10:17 am

Hello all ...

To be honest this problem should not have got past Quality Control either at the design, testing or manufacturing stage.
Not a bad product but they have messed up somewhere.
Using earbuds for me is not a problem as I am deaf in one ear, but the problem shows up straight away as soon I plug the output into an external amp or speakers.

Regds ...

chim0
Senior Member
Posts: 5737
Joined: Fri Nov 28, 2008 2:16 pm
Location: Dordrecht, NL
Contact:

Re: Any News on the Out of Phase Problem?

Postby chim0 » Sat Apr 04, 2009 1:24 pm

manoverboard wrote:To be honest this problem should not have got past Quality Control either at the design, testing or manufacturing stage.
well, do you see any CE or FCC certifications, serial numbers, trademark or copyright logos on any of these "nationite" devices anywhere? cause i don't. who knows who makes them and writes the firmware for it and how they're being tested, if ever.
Nationite OS-81 4GB

Ranger Wolf
Senior Member
Posts: 386
Joined: Sun Mar 22, 2009 4:57 pm
Location: America

Re: Any News on the Out of Phase Problem?

Postby Ranger Wolf » Sat Apr 04, 2009 1:29 pm

well you'd think someone could add in the next firmware to even reverse phase the reverse phase problem on the one side. can be done within a software fix very very easily!
Now in the S:Flo crowd :D
ImageImage

chim0
Senior Member
Posts: 5737
Joined: Fri Nov 28, 2008 2:16 pm
Location: Dordrecht, NL
Contact:

Re: Any News on the Out of Phase Problem?

Postby chim0 » Sat Apr 04, 2009 1:53 pm

Ranger Wolf wrote:well you'd think someone could add in the next firmware to even reverse phase the reverse phase problem on the one side. can be done within a software fix very very easily!
i believe it was stated in another topic that highly likely there will not be any updates for the current nationite players but you never know.
Nationite OS-81 4GB

liqourish
Member
Posts: 32
Joined: Sat May 10, 2008 11:32 am
Location: World 1-3

Postby liqourish » Sat Apr 04, 2009 2:29 pm

:o ops: mans its bull shit lol. it look so good on the utube videos and all the hype. when i get it , i cant even use (bought it for the so called "awsome audio quality") it because i planed on using it for car (audio hookup) home external speakers and mobile headfones. this sux cause i can only use it for mobile where its less noticible cuz. thers no bass on the right xD. yah definitely last product here or any chinesse stuff. sticking with my fatty psp cuz it works properly. :evil: well until theres a fix .....

Ranger Wolf
Senior Member
Posts: 386
Joined: Sun Mar 22, 2009 4:57 pm
Location: America

Re: Any News on the Out of Phase Problem?

Postby Ranger Wolf » Sat Apr 04, 2009 3:06 pm

chim0 wrote:
Ranger Wolf wrote:well you'd think someone could add in the next firmware to even reverse phase the reverse phase problem on the one side. can be done within a software fix very very easily!
i believe it was stated in another topic that highly likely there will not be any updates for the current nationite players but you never know.



well just release a 1.04b firmware with just the fix or something. theres certainly enough people wanting it. it could be fixed purely by software for the output. Theres no reason to leave such a thing unfixed.
Now in the S:Flo crowd :D
ImageImage


Return to “Nationite Consumer Electronics Product Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest