Hope this clear things up.
Steps to upgrade the VX777
- Download the vx777 firmware rar file[/*:m:5wzpzbp5]
- Uncompress the rar file to a temporary directory. The new firmware has file extension .HXF[/*:m:5wzpzbp5]
- Plug in the vx777 to your computer.[/*:m:5wzpzbp5]
- Copy the *.HXF file to the root directory of the player[/*:m:5wzpzbp5]
- Unmount the player. Make sure there is enough power in the battery for more then 10 minutes of usage.[/*:m:5wzpzbp5]
- Turn off the player[/*:m:5wzpzbp5]
- Turn back on. The player will automatically check for any *.HXF files in the root directory of the player. It will compare the players firmware version with the file found.[/*:m:5wzpzbp5]
- If the firmware file is newer, it will start upgrading. You will see a progress bar. It should take several minutes.[/*:m:5wzpzbp5]
- Once updated, all player settings should have been reset. The language setting should have reset to chinese (default).You will get a grey screen with a small cross at the corner. This is to calibrate the touch screen. Click on each cross as it appears on each corner until the touch screen has been calibrated. Go to setting and change the language.[/*:m:5wzpzbp5]
- You can remove the *.HXF in the root directory if you want. If you keep it there, you will see "Same Firmware Version" at every boot up.[/*:m:5wzpzbp5]
I followed this procedure step by step the first time and can no longer get past the "same fireware version" screen. battery has been discharged but still no access to both drives.
if i cant get it sorted by wednesday i will order another vx777 or try a s:flo. decisions decisions
. hopefully raz or somebody will have an idiots guide to restoring the player.
was a brilliant player while it lasted just wish i had a bit more time to get to know it
Video: VX777 4GB+8GB class6 SDHC Nice palyer
, Bad UI
Audio: S:Flo 8GB (Love It)
Phone: N95Future owner of either N96, N85 or Touch Diamond/HD/3G