MP4 Nation Forums
MP4 Nation Store - MP4 Nation Blog - MP4 Nation Facebook - Brainwavz Website

It is currently Thu Aug 28, 2014 1:07 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: FIIO X3
PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 12:20 am 

why .. MORE POWER !!!!!! .. of course :)

• Phone: Samsung Galaxy Mini / Huawei G300 (just ordered)
  • Fav App: Strava, IMDB, Jewels
  • Portable Audio: currently none
  • Headphones PC: Brainwavz HM5
-------------------------------------------------------------
  • MP4nation webstore: Here

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 11:34 pm 

I understand, I use now the Fiio E5 on my Sony walkman a852 but I was debating to buy a new one. Anyone what the best choice is between these:
Fiio E11 or SMSL SAP-4S (http://www.ebay.nl/itm/321104815565?ssP ... 164wt_1163) or BK Little bear tube amp (http://www.ebay.nl/itm/BK-Portable-Rech ... 350wt_1232)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 11:52 am 

Raz wrote:
I've been using the X3 for two days, overall the sound is quite good, very wide soundstage, good separation and clarity of instruments and vocals, in some instances the sound can feel a little airy, but overall i think its pretty good on the sound front.

On the UI/firmware front, its like a step back to 2007, its not going to win any awards for UI functionality. Overall the software is like that of most mp3 players, there are some bugs which FiiO seem to be actively working on fixing with their updates.

The build is very nice, a little thick but overall a solid build.

I'll post a bit more detailed review later in the week.

Regarding the UI, how fast/responsive would you say it is? I've been using a Sansa Clip recently ever since my Cube died and it's pretty quick apart from some loading time when updating the database.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 7:59 am 

Ok guys I received my Fiio X3 today by DHL courier. I received a free set of Hisoundaudio Popular iem with it but I don't use them. I am waiting for a Fiio ex11 headphone amplifier, a SMSL 3.5mm to 3.5mm connector with silver braid wire and Fiio cables for my Westone UM2rc iems (did not received them yet Raz :cry: )
Anyway my testing setup is now: Fiio X3 with upgraded firmware 1.2EN, a standard 3.5mm to 3.5mm wire with gold plated connectors, a Fiio E5 heaphone amplfier and my Westone UM2RC with standard cables. Gain is set low. Treble is set on 3 and bass on 1.
Unboxing: In the box I found the player with silcion cover, usb cable with micro usb, a coaxial cable, warranty car and a users manual.
test music is placed on 32gb Kingston micro SD card (yep I am a metalhead :mrgreen: ) was Septic Flesh from the Album Comuniuum track Anubis Japanese version. The Orchestral version is a bonus track on this album. The track is sounding very clear like it is if you are live in the recording studio's. All instruments are sounding very clear to me, no hiss. Now to some heavier stuff : from the same album the track Coninuum: same as the orchestral. Both files were 16bit FLAC files.
Now to some 320KBPS mp3 files: I choose Epic music composers Two Steps From Hell: Album Volume 1 track: from the Abyss. I was amazed how good they sounds in comparing to my old Sony nwz a852 Walkman!! They sound almost like lossless files!
I find it an improvement to my previous player, downside you hear a loud click when you start playing the first file. Maybe this will be solved with the next update of the firmware.
The next time I will test some mp4 files.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 3:10 pm 

thanks for the first impressions MrU

is the external amp really needed or do your earphones just need that little more power??

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 8:26 pm 

I would say it is not really necassery but it adds more power to my iem's. I tried today some older ripped 128kbps mp3 on my new player but they sound noisy. MP4 AAC from Itunes sound even bright as lossless. Good bass, good mids and clear high's. What me impresses is that the instruments like guitars sounds much better than on my Sony walkman. It is a great improvement.
Just received my Fiio cables for the UM2RC iem by mail, thanks Raz!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:47 pm 

good to hear you have you delivery from Raz, now you can play even more

im glad you like the X3 so far and it seems to be a decent all rounder

how do you find the menus and how does it list and sort music, one of the downfalls on china based audio player was the complete lack of understanding of sorting and listing

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:45 pm 

I was used to the menu of the walkman series and it lookes almost identical to eachother. I mostly choose to browse the files what I want to play and that was my problem with my android phone (sony xperia LT30p or T as in Europe). Android sometimes seperates files into more files while it is one album. I also did not like the sound of a multimedia chipset. That si why I went back to my walkman but that had compressed files which loses certain high and midtones. I am expecting hte Fiio e11 next week and I think it will even more improve my enjoyment of my new player.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:53 am 

Any update on eta on x3 arrival via preorder as i have just pull the trigger on it ?

Waiting in anticipation....currently have fiio e11 but decided to get x3 because the hassle of having carrying dap and a portable amp.

Thanks.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 6:28 pm 

One missing point is the build of an equalizer in the player so you can finetune the sound to your personal belongings.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 10  Next