MP4 Nation Forums
MP4 Nation Store - MP4 Nation Blog - MP4 Nation Facebook - Brainwavz Website

It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 3:13 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:20 pm 

If I could sum up this review into a few words I would say

"If you want a pair of headphones you can just relax and absorb everything and not have to adjust anything these are the ones to get"
OR
"If your sick and tired of buying (tweaked bass heavy) headphones"
Finally
*********** "If you like drums, or guitar BUY THESE!!!!!" *******

now for the long review:

I have to start off by saying I have very sensitive hearing. I cant stand overpowering bass, treble, and certain frequencies if they don't sound in place (I'm one of those guys who can hear their phone charger ring at night).

These headphones are an amazing deal period. my closest headphones that I have listened to are the M1 series, and they don't even compare to the level of quality of these produce. The sound is flat and natural, and I have never had an feeling of discomfort while wearing these....

Now about comfort.... these headphones are definitely comfortable I can wear these for hours without noticing. Yes they are a bit heavy, but they feel..... like they sit just right on my ears I don't even feel the band at the top of my head, and if I'm not concentrating on if they are there I don't even notice them. I let a couple of friends put them on and was told the same thing. these headphones are definitely comfortable.

Now... comfort means nothing without sound quality, and again these headphones deliver. These headphones single-handedly improved my appreciation for drums and guitar in music tenfold. I love listening to music I hear on the radio and noticing all the small things that I don't hear. What sounds good on these? Everything, I listen to a lot of music, rock, classic, techno, remixes, piano, and I have even played some video games using these headphones.

You heard me say earlier that I didn't like bass tweaked headphones.... this however doesn't mean I don't like bass I just don't like it fuzzy or taking over the music I'm listening too.

In conclusion these headphones are amazing and on sale on pre-order (at the time of this review) for 99 dollars, even cheaper than what I paid for them. for the sale prize these headphones are an astounding value, and even when not on sale they make for an unbeatable value from any pair of headphones In have ever heard from in my life period.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:21 pm 

Update 1: I completely forgot to mention how easy these headphones are to drive. Everything I have is able to bring them to a comfortable level. Ipods, android phones, desktop's, laptop's they might be big but you don't need an amp to be able to listen to them.

Most interesting part, they are almost as easy to listen to as earbuds only requiring slightly more power.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:33 pm 

many thanks for the review Brainy and i agree with your findings, i us these alot more than i thought i would and for me comfort is essential as i hate anything clamped to my head, even hats annoy me, so these win in that respect

anyway, glad you liked them, now all you need is the new brainwavz stand to show them off :)

• Phone: Samsung Galaxy Mini / Huawei G300 (just ordered)
  • Fav App: Strava, IMDB, Jewels
  • Portable Audio: currently none
  • Headphones PC: Brainwavz HM5
-------------------------------------------------------------
  • MP4nation webstore: Here

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:12 pm 

man at 99 dollars with a headstand these phones are amazing.... thanks for the review brainy... I got mine modded now (voiding warranty said raz) ... with wood cups and just done a new cable as well... :D it sounds more awesome for me... specially if you like vocal...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:27 pm 

Good review Brainy142 ... glad you enjoy the HM5.

Earphones
In love with - Brainwavz B2
Always use - Brainwavz B2
Previous IEM - Brainwavz M3

LIVE, LOVE LIFE AND ENJOY THE REST OF YOUR LIFE

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:43 pm 

Nice review Brainy, and appreciated.

maderin1 wrote:
even hats annoy me
We must be related, haha.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:55 am 

Nice review, I agree with all you said. Great, balanced sound :)

Ainol NOVO 7 Elf II 7" 1024x600 Capacitive Screen, 16 GB of memory, 1GB of Ram, 32GB microSD card, Dual Core, Android 4.0.3 with the Custom Dark Elf Rom. VIDEO REVIEW: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XpsSK5G0XMo

UG802 Android On A Stick HDMI based Android TV Device. 1080p Video, 4GB Ram, 32GB microSD card, Android 4.1.1 Jellybean, Rockchip 3066 Dual Core. VIDEO REVIEW: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2gqd1AjJm60

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:35 am 

just wanted to testify once more to the goodness of these headphones.
It's the only one I use constantly. so balanced. once or twice a month i pull out my denon d2ks if I'm reeeally craving subbass or if I'm watching a movie I reeally like, but other than that, it's constant HM5.

There's a song that I've heard sooo many times but never on the HM5. Playlist was on shuffle so it happened to play today. I've been using HM5 since the first set of pre-orders, but when this song started, somehow I was amazed.

These headphones are beautiful. They're detailed. They're balanced. They're easy to drive. They can also take a beating (of course at the cost of aesthetics but never physical damage).
I won't lie. I complained at first because I thought it was missing subbass but that was just because I enjoyed the feeling coming from my d2ks. The fact though is that it's not missing. It's clear. Just not "feely".
I've rediscovered so much of my music library because of the HM5's overall presentation of sound.
Thank you mp4nation crew!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:25 pm 

Brainy142 & Atom thanks for your impressions and feedback on our HM5, as always i am glad to see people enjoying our products. We're currently working on some new headphones, i think those that enjoy our HM5 will really enjoy what we got cooking up. I don't want to give away to much info right now but i might throw some sneak pics soon enough.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:03 pm 

Raz wrote:
Brainy142 & Atom thanks for your impressions and feedback on our HM5, as always i am glad to see people enjoying our products. We're currently working on some new headphones, i think those that enjoy our HM5 will really enjoy what we got cooking up. I don't want to give away to much info right now but i might throw some sneak pics soon enough.

Interesting!

DAC: SA UD100, Fiio E10, Tascam US-122L
DAP: Nook Color, Newsmy N97, Cherry M907, Ainol V9000HDA, Cowon X5L 30gb, Sansa Clip, Clip+, Zip

Negakinu Photography & DesignMy Head-Fi profile