MP4 Nation Forums
MP4 Nation Store - MP4 Nation Blog - MP4 Nation Facebook - Brainwavz Website

It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:51 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 362 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37  Next
PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 10:45 am 

hgabi00 wrote:
Dear Raz !

I was the lucky one, who won the B2 on the Facebook B2 giveaway. (Thank you very-very much ! :D :D )
How should I contact you about that ? :o ops:

Edit:
Sorry for that, problem solved.

Congrats on winning, just reply back to the message that was sent to you via FB.

Suppin wrote:
I have given the glad wrap a try and amazingly it works. It certainly "calms down" the shrillness, and allows me to adjust the volume a little to increase my lower bass. I'm unsure how I feel about the sound yet, and will need more time on that... but it's an interesting trick.

Hey good to hear its helping. Another tip i have heard that also helps is to put a small amount of cotton in the nozzle, but don't push it in too far as you want to be able to get it out with a pin should you not enjoy the sound it produces.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 10:49 pm 

admin wrote:

Congrats on winning, just reply back to the message that was sent to you via FB.

Thanks.
Replied.
Now, -guess- I just have to wait for the postman.
It will be a long time for me, I read so many good things about this iem. (Brightness is not problem for me, i have and had some bright headphones. )

Portable: SGS voodoo Sound + Yuin PK1

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 12:47 am 

hgabi00 wrote:
It will be a long time for me, I read so many good things about this iem. (Brightness is not problem for me, i have and had some bright headphones. )

You will like them a lot. They are really good earphones. My issue is I have other really good earphones too, and the sound signature of the B2 is not quite the way I tend to "lean to" for my music preferences. That said all the brainwavz across the board are excellent earphones for the money (I say this, but really I only own the alpha, M1, and B2). I am itching to hear about the M4 though. Raz we want more info about that one... post more...

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 6:09 pm 

ABI now has a review up on their site for the B2 http://anythingbutipod.com/2011/10/brainwavz-b2-review/

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 10:32 pm 

hgabi00 wrote:
admin wrote:

Thanks.
Replied.
Now, -guess- I just have to wait for the postman.

Dear Raz !
Did you receive my pm on FB ? I didn't get any reply yet.

Portable: SGS voodoo Sound + Yuin PK1

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 6:53 pm 

It should be on its way to you ;)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:39 pm 

Ive had the B2 since release but havent really posted much about it, apologies for being quite quiet about it... Now i cant do a full write up and i guess its not really needed as more experienced people have already beat me to it.

I listen to id say a varying music genre main examples:
Five Finger Death Punch
Enter Shikari
Evanescence
Skillet
Iron Maiden
The Pretty Reckless

And alot more, wide variety apart from real dubstep and all that rap crap (imo :P). For things like evanescence its pretty damn good, im still annoyed with it being just to damn bright, almost ear piercing but i think its got better over time (maybe i just got used to it) however i think if it could be reduced a fraction or two it would be great. Apart from that then its amazing how awesome these sound, you can hear every instrument and nothing is "drowned" out and as its been said its very analytical but IMO it doesnt lose out from this, i know alot of earphones will tend to be laid back when going for an analytical approach and so you just dont enjoy the music as much but the B2 are far from it.

I got the pleasure of seeing evanescence live in my home town a mere week ago, god is amy lees voice 10000000000x better live than any recording, orgasmic :D . I would ;) . But having compared to the recording, the B2 really give her voice the best representation compared to other earphones ive had (the B2 are the most expensive for me... however i have some audio technica AD700s in the same price bracket to compare price wise and they are solid considering ones a headset and ones an earphone they both excel). I couldnt listen to evanescence with heavy bass especially after the live performance it just ruins it(unless live cause the sound system was MASSIVE, bass was insane and moving all my clothing but amys voice was so strong it actually overpowered all of it...lol).

Now for the other types of music i found it to be a solid performer, loving Iron Maiden on these earphones but my favourite.... Five finger death punch new album "American Capitalist" since i heard it i thought it was awesome (on my speaker setup at home) but after trying it on my B2 wow im impressed. I said the B2 was good in the songs i listen to but i will add that in some cases it did lack the punchy base that could help it be just that bit better, i know alot of people dislike the low amount of base but i really dont care but since listening to FFDP new album, can safely say that base was just hiding somewhere as it was just so tight and punchy and 100% on the money with being equal in vocals and base, the best i have ever heard its awesome! Recommend you guys try it if you like FFDP of course!.

Just ordered some M4 a few weeks ago as a present for my dad, i know he would prefer them to the B2 as he does like the vocal music but he would prefer a greater balance a more punchy base, and plus he only wants a cheap pair and £26 or whatever it was was a good price i was willing to pay,be nice to compare between the two.

My Sound system that has been used to test the B2:

A/V receiver, pioneer vsx-520k (at home)
Sandisk Sansa Clip+ (sometimes with fiio 5)
LG Optimus 2x
HTC HD2

Music Sources:
Mostly FLAC/WAV
Some 320Kbp/s mp3s.... evanescence was mp3 until i bothered to convert it yesterday (found my disk! Maybe one of the reasons it didnt sound as good as live)

Comparison audio output devices:
Beta M2
Beta Brainwavz
Audio Technica Ad700
2x Cambridge Audio S30s (bookshelf speakers connected to pioneer 520)
SoundMagic PL30
Razer Protone(the original ones at £10)
Creative EP630
Sennheiser cx300
random sennheiser not in ear style, sit in ear style.
Couple of others ive forgotten

Overall am i happy with my purchase made MANY months ago? Hell yes, there is dimishing returns on earphone prices i think but im really happy, i would buy them again as long as they last... yeah that sounds like a weird statement as if it lasted i wouldnt need to buy a new one... as long as they last atleast 2 years im happy with the price.

What would i change about the earphones?
Reduce the sibilance (is that what its called? the quite high, brightness just a couple of notches too bright)
Change the cables, id rather just one solid sleeved cable or something like the current 3 wires inside of a bigger sleeve/sheath as i think the black and white looks tacky for such a high end IEM(within reason... i know this isnt truely high end :P).

Have an angled jack/connection, raz i must ask why you decided on the 180degree connection? All of the other brainwavz have been 45degree/90degree afaik, its complete oversight for doing a flat connection, it only stands to add strain and basically reduce the durability. Only had 2 earphones break on me and suprise suprise they were flat connections and the wires had just worn/snapped inside cause of the stress of being in the pocket etc

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:40 am 

Theres no such thing as being"late to the party" when it comes to reviews,hicks12,it just means your more thorough ;) Thanks for the review,posted it on the main post :)

Ainol NOVO 7 Elf II 7" 1024x600 Capacitive Screen, 16 GB of memory, 1GB of Ram, 32GB microSD card, Dual Core, Android 4.0.3 with the Custom Dark Elf Rom. VIDEO REVIEW: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XpsSK5G0XMo

UG802 Android On A Stick HDMI based Android TV Device. 1080p Video, 4GB Ram, 32GB microSD card, Android 4.1.1 Jellybean, Rockchip 3066 Dual Core. VIDEO REVIEW: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2gqd1AjJm60

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 4:43 am 

Ta :D . Should have said i couldnt do a full write up as i only wrote that while i was in uni having a break from doing work (so much coursework at the moment!). My English is terrible which is bad considering im british... but anyways i would say my post came off on the brightness to much at the start, its NOT that bad its just a notch or two to high and with anything its different to everyones ears.

Now i just need to see if i can find a sansa fuze as i want one so badly, dont want a Fuze+ as its naff :P.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 11:48 pm 

In recent weeks I've been using the B2 with the shure olives, I think it's a great combination for my ears, I get a better seal than the complys which translates to:
- better noise isolation
- improved bass
- tones down the highs slightly further

Any hint of harshness that may have been present in some tracks have all but disappeared, they are a real pleasure to listen to now.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 362 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37  Next