Good going. Does the player perform better with the G2 firmware? Any instructions on how others can do the same?
It has newer recovery and seems to work a little faster. Archos G2 10" has 1024x600 resolution screen, so I had to replace kernel with N50's one to get 800x480 resolution. Archos has different screen orientation or different G-sensor config, so the screen was weird when rotating. I fixed the screen rotation by adding a line to default.prop as it has N50:
But the touch layer remains in same orientation. I googled that it's hardcoded in services.jar. The problem is that Archos has odexed system and N50 - deodexed, so I can't just replace services.jar from N50 to Archos firmware. Later I'll try to deodex Archos firmware and try to replace services.jar, or maybe someone in this thread will help me to solve this problem some other way (maybe I'm not right about services.jar)
This is the photo of device running this firmware:
Instructions how to flash Archos firmware:
1. Download the image file from my Dropbox: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4546860/update_g2.img
2. Flash it to the device with the flasher provided in this thread.
1. Download the Archos firmware from official site: http://arnovatech.com/support/firmware/ ... update.img
2. Unpack it with rk29-ultra1.7
3. Unpack N50 firmware (0950) with rk29-ultra1.7 and get kernel.img from it
4. Replace the kernel
5. Add a line ro.sf.hwrotation=270 in default.prop (touch will be not rotated)
leave it as it is to see the weird screen orientation (it's even better because touch layer and the screen will work together)
6. Repack the firmware and flash it to device
This firmware has the following bugs:
- screen orientation is proper but the touch layer is rotated to 90 deg, it means when you are in landscape mode, touch is in portrait and vice versa.
- device can't sleep. It turn off the screen for a second and than wakes up again. This is endless.
- it seems that hardware volume buttons and software volume buttons have no effect on volume.
The Archos firmware is already rooted, has busybox, su, Superuser.apk.