I think I'm going to have to reflash my MIDnite. I wanted to check to see if is the current firmware to use for the capacitive screen model. I see the post on this thread was from March 4th.http://www.mp4nation.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=79&t=21541&start=30
The link is described as Firmware 0221 - Capacitive.
I've checked the instructions to reflash the MIDnite from the troubleshooting guide. There is a 4gb card I can use and I've already downloaded the HP Format tool and Firmware 0221 rar files. I see the guide was from last year, but are these steps still valid or has there been any changes with the new Wits model?12 APPENDIX A – REFLASHING YOUR MIDNITE
To reflash your MIDnite, please follow the below procedure - you will need access to a Windows based machine
and a MicroSD card.
Please do note that all data on the microsd card will be removed as it will be formatted!
Please follow the below steps to flash your MIDnite:
1. Download the HP Format tool here: http://www.mp4nation.net/downloads/firm ... atTool.rar
2. Format your MicroSD card to FAT32
3. Download and extract the ROM you intend to use. You will always be able to find the most recent firmware in
our MIDnite subforum located here: http://mp4nation.net/forum/viewforum.php?f=79
There should be a file with the name MLO, copy the MLO file first onto the MicroSD card.
>>You must have formatted your microsd card with the above tool before copying the MLO file.
>>You must copy the MLO file by itself onto your microsd card, it must be the first file to be copied after
4. Copy the rest of the firmware files over to the MicroSD card
5. Turn your MIDnite off, insert the MicroSD card and THEN connect the MIDnite to the wall charger
6. Hold the power button and the volume down button (the button closest to the power button). Hold both at the
same time. Hold both buttons till you see a message on the screen indicating that the ROM is being copied to the
MIDnite. You can then let go of the buttons.
7. The flashing of the ROM will take 5 - 10minutes, it will boot up once it has flashed.
You will lose all data and apps when flashing your MIDnite!