MP4 Nation Forums
MP4 Nation Store - MP4 Nation Blog - MP4 Nation Facebook - Brainwavz Website

It is currently Fri Apr 25, 2014 3:11 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post subject: FlyTouch 3 Arrived.
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 4:19 pm 

28 days after placing the order it duly turned up on my doorstep.

On opening the package, I saw it was a superpad 3. I knew there and then it was not going to be an 8GB machine. I also hoped against hope it was going to be a 6400 battery but given the 2 hour 38 minute run time, without opening the case and checking, I suspect its the 3000mAh battery that has been put in a lot of these machines, Some even labeled 6400mAh.

The ONLY thing I wanted was the big battery, lol... FRAP!

Anyhow, Whilst gathering information regarding things I wanted to know over on apad, because i mentioned purchasing it from MP4nation.... I got a warning that a lifetime ban would be forthcoming for doing so and my post was altered to remove MP4nation from the sentence and the word Superpad 3 was altered to "fake Flytouch" lolololololol.

I have a little technical work to do. purchase a 8000mAh battery and whilst its open, maybe beef up the antenna for wi-fi. To be honest though, its been working pretty good.. I get a 40ft range (30 holds signal, 40 is pushing it) from transmitter but would perhaps like a touch more.

Followed the instructions regarding the GPS and it works just fine... will I use it? not so much.

Ive watched the 3 movies of the Godfather on it. Just a touch dark if you hold the screen in the wrong position... Onboard speakers are not up to much, no Ill rephrase that.... they are crap. But then i had a line out to a 6 speaker TV surround sound.. you get the idea...

NO flash to speak of and youtube needed a special app.

So then I flashed it with a new ROM.

Brightness went up by 50%. Speaker volume went up by 80%, still crap though but a louder crap. Now can watch flash and youtube etc. Flash is jerky but its android for goodness sake! You tube very clear full screen and just blazin away. I bought the Fiio S3 because I knew of the Speaker issue and the combination is excellent.

Its pretty fast. The "HD" inside is a SD card so everyone upping to a 16GB........ 'cept me. 8GB will be more than enough and anything else I need will be on a 16GB external. (films R us)

Bottom line.

Its a Tablet. I cant use it for my work applications, too fragile for that. I can test them on it though and its quite readable.
I can however surf the net, use it for SKYPE chat and voice and watch Films. The sound through decent earphones is actually quite amazing.

The modders on this machine are doing some great work. Its quite difficult to brick, Ive heard. The modders change ROMS 4 and 5 times daily and it just carries on.

Its the first one Im going to be able to actually keep hold of because I took it home.

I am irritated about the battery, but what are you gonna do? Factories suck and blow bubbles and will piss you off quicker than anything.

For $150 cheaper than the next best, the flytouch 3, if your prepared to ROM it, represents a good value unit. Its watchable and useable and it should easily get 6 hours out of a 6400mAh battery if you switch off all the background phone apps etc.

Id like to place a certain part of a factory owners anatomy on a hard surface and hold a baseball bat at the same time. If you excuse the pun, what they do is not cricket.

Thanks Raz and team for your services.

Gary

Post subject: Re: FlyTouch 3 Arrived.
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 9:27 pm 

Good to hear, but the unit you got comes with a 6400mAh battery, not the half one.

I hope you're enjoying it.

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 10:42 am 

admin wrote:
Good to hear, but the unit you got comes with a 6400mAh battery, not the half one.

I hope you're enjoying it.

Then I definitely have a duff battery or charger.. settled out at 2 hours max, less for heavy use.

It REALLY works well... just not for long..lol. Others are getting like 5 hours. A mystery.

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 11:09 am 

Maybe let battery totally drain and recharge again for 3 time circle. see what happens.

Congrats weavis. Hope you enjoy it. :)

My MIDnite mini review.
VX610 upgrade guide.

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 2:08 pm 

Thanks for the honest review Gary. It's a shame about the your battery cutting out earlier as it should not do so. I hope you don't mind us putting this one up on the blog site!

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 3:04 pm 

Try and let it charge overnight (if not already) and see what you get for battery life.

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 3:00 am 

Ive done all the charging discharging routine. It can only be a/. a smaller battery or b/. a faulty charger/battery/ combination. Raz is sure its not the battery being smaller, and without opening it and testing I have to go for the second option. (It may be a short inside but without having a spare unit on hand of which I would exchange anyway for the bigger capacity, Im not opening it yet) Im not prepared to return the unit because transportation costs are more than me spending $35 on a new 8000mAh battery and charger from Chinagrabber. I am happy with what I got. Had I been traveling to HK in the next month or so I may have turned up on the doorstep and asked.. "fix this please" but Im not going that way this time.

If they get all the ROMS sorted, and its nearly there, this is a kick ass machine.
g

edit:: sorry for saying ass... I meant bottom. 8)

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 3:36 am 

weavis wrote:
this is a kick ass machine.
g

LOL!!! Too late!! I read that. :lol: :mrgreen:

My MIDnite mini review.
VX610 upgrade guide.

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 4:11 am 

rowwor wrote:
weavis wrote:
g

Please avert your eyes and smile unseen .. 8)

? ??;??;??

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 4:20 am 

weavis wrote:
rowwor wrote:
weavis wrote:
g

Please avert your eyes and smile unseen .. 8)

? ??]
??;???? No need to. :wink:

????? Yes, you're making excuse...hahaha. :mrgreen:

My MIDnite mini review.
VX610 upgrade guide.