MP4 Nation Forums
MP4 Nation Store - MP4 Nation Blog - MP4 Nation Facebook - Brainwavz Website

It is currently Mon Sep 22, 2014 2:07 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 180 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 11:38 pm 

[quote="LiquidN"]I always consider a security cam.
Will this item match my (maybe unrealistic) idea
of a cam I can access from somewhere in the world
without(!) a running pc at home? Just the cam and wifi-router.
Probably in addition with a webpage where it´s embedded.
I don´t think so, but who knows ]

The cameras do not need a pc at home to be switched on for you to use it when away from home. It only requires a working router with a working internet connection.

There is an iPhone app for this and there is an android app. I have seen the iPhone app at work but not the android app.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 11:43 pm 

Yep, you can view it anywhere in the world, only need the Cam turn on. Will try iphone app today if I got plenty of time.

My MIDnite mini review.
VX610 upgrade guide.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 5:58 pm 

rowwor wrote:
Yep, you can view it anywhere in the world, only need the Cam turn on. Will try iphone app today if I got plenty of time.

When you got the iphone app did you see any download link for the Android app???

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 7:55 pm 

Maybe it´s the universal "Tiny Cam" app?
http://www.appbrain.com/app/tiny-cam-mo ... lexvas.dvr

...no, wait - this one has listed Wansview
http://www.appbrain.com/app/ip-cam-view ... pcamviewer

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 6:05 am 

Thanks LiquidN, will give it a go when i got time.

My MIDnite mini review.
VX610 upgrade guide.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 1:29 pm 

Does this have some flash memory, if no then I will have to wait for the IP camera with SD card slot as I am also interested to know what happened when I was not there instead of always seeing it LIVE! What I understand now that it can only push pictures as email if its setup as an motion alarm but does not store it.
Question to RAZ: When do you propose to sell these IP cameras with SD card option?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:52 pm 

I can't see the point you want to store the videos on sd card, you can record it just click the button,It'll record it on your computer, but it'll full up the hard drive in no time. If you set up the alarm, yes, it'll send you email immediately and you'll know what happens out there.

My MIDnite mini review.
VX610 upgrade guide.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:03 pm 

lantian wrote:
Does this have some flash memory, if no then I will have to wait for the IP camera with SD card slot as I am also interested to know what happened when I was not there instead of always seeing it LIVE! What I understand now that it can only push pictures as email if its setup as an motion alarm but does not store it.
Question to RAZ: When do you propose to sell these IP cameras with SD card option?

SD card versions of IP cameras are not that common right now as they are quite new, but probably will become more common in a few months.

As Rowor suggested, you can have your pc record what the camera sees.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:12 pm 

I know that a PC can be always connected to record this but I want it to be standalone for which local storage options seems nice. If IP camera can be made to record video whenever it senses motion & with lower frame rate I guess we can have many many hours of recording in 32 GB SD card which would translate to many weeks depending upon how much motion it senses.

Hope it will be someday available with MP4NATION with such an attractive going on at the moment for this basic IP camera.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:52 pm 

lantian wrote:
I know that a PC can be always connected to record this but I want it to be standalone for which local storage options seems nice. If IP camera can be made to record video whenever it senses motion & with lower frame rate I guess we can have many many hours of recording in 32 GB SD card which would translate to many weeks depending upon how much motion it senses.

Hope it will be someday available with MP4NATION with such an attractive going on at the moment for this basic IP camera.

Such a device that stores on SD could actually work for people interested in monitoring places over time, such as for animals i.e. filming a birds nest outside of your house. Anyways i am just rambling.

I checked the product list of the factory that supplies us with the current ip camera, they do have models that record directly to sd card, but they are very expensive, almost $150, but i think that is mainly due to them using a Sony lens.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 180 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next