This is a guide on how to restore/load firmware for the N2 mp3 player. **This has been confirmed to work on XP, we have not tried on W7 yet**Download firmware with update software here
1. Download the above file and extract the files
2. Make sure your N2 is not connected to your PC and is switched off
2. Run StUpdaterApp_4MIN.exe
3. With your N2 switched off, hold down the MENU (M) button on the N2 and connect to your PC.
4. You may find the update software to automatically start loading the firmware onto the N2, if so then you can let go of the N2.
5. Should the auto update stop or something else go wrong with the update, then disconnect the N2, reset the N2 if it looks frozen, then when the N2 is switch offed again hold down Menu (M) and connect to your PC.
6. If the update does not automatically start again then you will get the below screen:
The START button will be active, press the start button to begin the firmware update.
7. The update will take about 5 minutes.
8. Once the update is done the N2 will revert to USB storage mode.Don't disconnect the N2 or turn off your PC during the update!