Technical problems with ainol 9000hda

romy

Technical problems with ainol 9000hda

Postby romy » Sun Sep 05, 2010 8:42 pm

My brand new ainol player has currently 2 major problems:
1) the battery discharges by itself, when player is turned off. when on (fully charged) it does not last more than 3-3.5 hours (divx file 640*320, medium levels - brightness and sound).
2) cannot copy (hd) files larger than 4GB, to neither the internal hard disk or the external micro sd (branded, 16 GB), even though both have plenty of space available. I get the (windows 7) error message "not enough space".

In addition, there is a small white spot on the upper left corner of the screen, but this is not such a big deal!
Anyone experiencing similar issues?

The Warrior Poet

Re: Technical problems with ainol 9000hda

Postby The Warrior Poet » Sun Sep 05, 2010 9:12 pm

If it's having battery issues, and you bought it here, open up a support ticket: http://www.mp4nation.net/support/

You can't copy files larger than 4GB because it's formatted to FAT32. You have to format it to NTSC, or EXFAT. I can't remember which one it's capable of though. Could be both, but wait for someone that knows before re-formatting. Like I said though, if you bought it here and the battery isn't performing like it should, open up a ticket.

The Warrior Poet

Postby The Warrior Poet » Sun Sep 05, 2010 9:17 pm

I just found where you can format it to EXFAT. Still not sure about NTSC, but EXFAT is better anyways. NTSC is harder on your flash drive.

romy

Postby romy » Sun Sep 05, 2010 9:53 pm

thanks for the info warrior poet, I've opened a ticket. Is there any tutorial on how to format to EXFAT, and are there any risks involved?

cartelps11

Postby cartelps11 » Mon Sep 06, 2010 12:24 am

Most surely you mean NTFS not ntsc twp :wink:

And what system are you running romy?
for if your running windows 7 you just go to my computer, right-click the ainol players drive, click format, choose either exfat or ntfs, and uncheck quick format. and click start. Depending how much data and how big the ainol players memory is it should take about 5/10 min.

The Warrior Poet

Postby The Warrior Poet » Mon Sep 06, 2010 1:25 am

cartelps11 wrote:Most surely you mean NTFS not ntsc twp :wink:
Yes I was. Actually, if he's experiencing problems with his player and opened a support ticket, it's probably best to not format, and wait to find out if he's returning it or not.

Return to “Tablet, Smartphone & Media Player Discussion”