MP4 Nation Forums
MP4 Nation Store - MP4 Nation Blog - MP4 Nation Facebook - Brainwavz Website

It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:24 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 3:53 pm 

dragon2knight wrote:
Oh,will you be selling this on here?

Yup, got this in stock, but not put the product page up due to having no time :/

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 3:54 pm 

I would like to modding Window89 firmware( I want to translate menu to my language)
Than I would like to put new firmware to G89.
I found RockChip tool from Onda, but did nor see Window89.
How can I update firmware to Window89?
Must I put G89 firmware update state?
How can I?

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 2:19 pm 

i have made a guide to update thr firmare on the G89 and as for modding the language, you will need to old tools with string editir

• Phone: Samsung Galaxy Mini / Huawei G300 (just ordered)
  • Fav App: Strava, IMDB, Jewels
  • Portable Audio: currently none
  • Headphones PC: Brainwavz HM5
-------------------------------------------------------------
  • MP4nation webstore: Here

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 1:36 pm 

dragon2knight wrote:
Really nice review, I agree, your getting good at this :) If you can add if a player can combine both the internal as well as the external memory, it would be a great help. Someone always ends up asking that question of a player eventually. Again, nice review!

Hi, thanks for the comments.

As for combining internal and external memory, do you mean like an SD card expansion slot?

This player does have an SD card expansion slot (for MicroSD if I'm not mistaken) and when one is inserted, you can access both the on-board flash storage as well as the expansion storage. However, of course, the two will be accessed via different folders in the explorer. I am not sure if the player will sort music on the SD card AND the on-board storage via the ID3 sorter.

If you mean OTG - then this player doesn't support that kind of functionality so you can't hook it up to an external hard drive, for example, to play movies.

As for the lack of a remote that another poster alluded to, I don't think this was really meant to use for video output to the HDTV. I mean, it has that functionality but the 2728 chip can slow down a little even on 720p files so all in all its not ideal as your 24/7 HD video decoder and outputter for the home telly.

Thanks for the comments guys - needless to say I am concerned primarily with getting a good informative review out that the everyman can understand.

Ingenuity™ by maderin1 - The New Fragrance

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 5:06 pm 

I had made Hungarian Interface for G89.

I found firmware 04.29 IMP3 bbs, I modified that.
But this firmware is not too good, P720 support is very-very weak.

There is newer 05.16 but bvideo playing performance did not change....

But added some new line to stringid.bin, my tool can not add line, that I must copy all translated lines again :(

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 5:59 pm 

The G89 doesn't have memory integration.

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 10:08 pm 

Huggy wrote:
dragon2knight wrote:
Really nice review, I agree, your getting good at this :) If you can add if a player can combine both the internal as well as the external memory, it would be a great help. Someone always ends up asking that question of a player eventually. Again, nice review!

As for combining internal and external memory, do you mean like an SD card expansion slot?

This player does have an SD card expansion slot (for MicroSD if I'm not mistaken) and when one is inserted, you can access both the on-board flash storage as well as the expansion storage. However, of course, the two will be accessed via different folders in the explorer. I am not sure if the player will sort music on the SD card AND the on-board storage via the ID3 sorter.

If you mean OTG - then this player doesn't support that kind of functionality so you can't hook it up to an external hard drive, for example, to play movies.

As for the lack of a remote that another poster alluded to, I don't think this was really meant to use for video output to the HDTV. I mean, it has that functionality but the 2728 chip can slow down a little even on 720p files so all in all its not ideal as your 24/7 HD video decoder and outputter for the home telly.

Thanks for the comments guys - needless to say I am concerned primarily with getting a good informative review out that the everyman can understand.

Well,Raz answered it already for this player,but memory integration(the player seeing the internal and external[via the SD slot]as one)was what I meant.Fewer and fewer players are supporting this,and it would be nice to know in the reviews if the player can do this off the bat.Again,thanks for a great review!

Ainol NOVO 7 Elf II 7" 1024x600 Capacitive Screen, 16 GB of memory, 1GB of Ram, 32GB microSD card, Dual Core, Android 4.0.3 with the Custom Dark Elf Rom. VIDEO REVIEW: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XpsSK5G0XMo

UG802 Android On A Stick HDMI based Android TV Device. 1080p Video, 4GB Ram, 32GB microSD card, Android 4.1.1 Jellybean, Rockchip 3066 Dual Core. VIDEO REVIEW: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2gqd1AjJm60

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 2:04 pm 

Photophast CR5400 provides same integration with 2 MicroSD to PRO DUO conversion....
http://www1.dealextreme.com/productimag ... 8826_2.jpg

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 3:29 pm 

dragon2knight wrote:
Huggy wrote:
dragon2knight wrote:

Well,Raz answered it already for this player,but memory integration(the player seeing the internal and external[via the SD slot]as one)was what I meant.Fewer and fewer players are supporting this,and it would be nice to know in the reviews if the player can do this off the bat.Again,thanks for a great review!

Ah I understand. Seeing the two memories as one. Evidently I have a lot of terminology left to learn.

Ingenuity™ by maderin1 - The New Fragrance

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 9:15 pm 

Firmware G89 04.29 (Chinese+English+Hungarian)
http://uplo.info/files/get/8GOTIOHU3-/g ... 29.hun.rar

I put 05.16 soon....