MP4 Nation Forums
MP4 Nation Store - MP4 Nation Blog - MP4 Nation Facebook - Brainwavz Website

It is currently Sun Dec 21, 2014 5:30 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 154 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16  Next
PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:03 am 

NOTE: Not for the VX575FHD!!! VX575FHD instructions HERE.

********************** This will work with other SoChip players as well! **********************

As with the CC1600 chipset, driver recognition is key here. This was done on an XP machine. Make sure to use XP! It doesn't seem to work with 64 bit machines. As always with any upgrade, make sure your battery is fully charged before attempting the upgrade procedure, in case a problem arises. Feedback is appreciated.

NOTE:The downloads below are for the VX575HD. You would have to download the appropriate LiveSuit Update Tool, and .img file for your particular player.

IMPORTANT! Please read before upgrading: I've created a guide below (PLAYER STANDARD FILE SYSTEMS GUIDE, bottom of this post) to show you how to find out what your player's native file system is (FAT32, EXFAT, etc). Do this before using the upgrade guide. There's an extremely good chance you'll have to format your player after upgrading, and you'll need to know what your player's standard file system is. I have also made a PLAYER STANDARD FILE SYSTEMS list below. I will try and keep it updated. If I have one wrong, please let me know. If there's one I don't have listed, perhaps you could tell me the player type, and file system, so I can update it. Thanks.

Warning!

1?During the upgrade process, please do not disconnect player from the USB port!
2?During the upgrade process, do not click any other buttons on the upgrade tool interface!
3?Before upgrading please do a data back-up! (If possible)

1. Create a new folder on your desktop, and name it VX575HD.

2. Download the Firmware Update Tool LiveSuit HERE and extract the files to the folder you just created. (Sometimes people can't get the LiveSuit update tool to load. This is why. You must put the files in the same folder.)

3. Download the proper firmware HERE and extract it to your desktop. (.img file)

4. Go into the VX575HD folder and click on the firmware update tool. (LiveSuit) (I made these to help you better understand)

5. Click on the "Select Firmware" button, navigate to, and load the firmware upgrade .IMG file.

6. If this is NOT the first time you have upgraded your player, connect the player to a USB port, and after the driver is recognized, (look in the system tray, (bottom right of the taskbar) left click “Safely Remove Hardware”) click on the "System Upgrade" button to begin the upgrade. (Go to step 16)

7. If this IS the first upgrade for the player, connect your player to the USB port, and it will prompt you to install the new driver. This is the screen you should get. (If the driver isn't recognized, see "Troubleshooting Tips" below.)

8. Select the top button, "Yes, this time only", and hit "Next". It then takes you to this screen:

9. Choose, "Install from a list or specific location (Advanced), click "Next", and it will take you to this screen:

10. Choose, "Don't search. I will choose the driver to install". Hit "Next", and the screen will look like this:

11. Click "Browse", navigate to the UsbDriver folder you downloaded earlier to the desktop, select it and hit "OK".

12. Looks like this. Hit "Next".

13. The wizard will install the software:

14. Once it's done, click "Finish".

15. Now click "System Upgrade" on the LiveSuit tool.

16. After the "Upgrade successful" prompt shows, (and progress meter has returned to 0%) wait for a full minute, (Apparently the progress bar is done, but the player is still upgrading. This is a common problem with SoChip upgrading, disconnecting before it has fully finished. Please be patient.) then click on “exit”, (Yellow man icon, not the "X". Clicking the "X" simply reduces it to the system tray) do a proper USB disconnect, then turn your player off, then back on to complete the upgrade.

17. If your upgrade fails, after disconnecting from the USB port, turn the player off, then back on to reset, and then plug it back into the USB port to re-upgrade.

18. If you need to know how to get your player's settings back to English, click HERE.

TROUBLESHOOTING TIPS:

A. Driver Recognition Tips

1. Have player off, then press and hold the play button while plugging it into the USB port.
2. Possible bad USB cable. Try another.
3. Try rear USB port.
4. Shut computer down, unplug for 10 seconds. Plug back in and reboot. This will sometimes reset the USB ports.
5. Don't use a USB hub, plug directly into a USB port.
6. Use the Device Manger to get the Install Wizard to pop up. ( With player plugged into the USB ):

a. Right click on "My Computer", then on "Manage".

b. Select "Device Manger".

c. Scroll down on the right, and you'll see the "Unknown Device", with the yellow exlamation mark.

d. Right click on the "Unknown Device", and select "Update Driver".

e. The Update Wizard screen will appear!

7. Manually reset USB drivers (Without player plugged in):

Right click on "My Computer", then on "Manage":

This is the screen that will pop up:

Click on "Device Manager":

Expand the "Universal Serial Bus controllers" dialogue:

Right click on the "USB Root Hub", and click on "Uninstall":

Click "OK" (Do this to all the "USB Root Hub" drives):

After all the "USB Root Hubs" are uninstalled, right click "Universal Serial Bus controllers", and then click on "Scan for hardware changes":

The drivers will be searched and reinstalled:

When completed the "USB Root Hubs" will be reinstalled, and a "Found New Hardware" balloon will show up like so:

That's it, you just reset your USB drivers.

B. If player upgrades, but folders are garbled, files won't play, etc.

1. Format the player after upgrade. Right click the drive, format. (See below for Standard file systems. Will post more as I learn them.)

C. Upgrade got interrupted by power outage, or accidental USB disconnect while upgrading.

1. Just like before, make sure you have your LiveSuit tools in the folder on the desktop.

2. Go HERE and download the proper firmware, but instead of extracting the .img file to the desktop, unzip it, and extract it to a flash drive. Image

3. Then restart your computer (you can leave the flash drive in). Once restarted, have your player in the off position, and press and hold the play button, and plug it into the USB port, preferably in a rear USB port. The goal here is to get the driver recognized again. Hopefully, the "Found New Hardware Wizard", like in step 7 of my guide above, will pop up. If not, unplug your player, turn off again, to reset the player, and try again. We need that wizard to pop up.

4. Once the wizard pops up, just go through the steps, from step 7, to step 14 of my guide above, installing the driver.

5. Go into the folder on the desktop, and start the LiveSuit tool.

6. Click on the "Select Firmware" and navigate to the new .img file you loaded on the flash drive.

7. Click on "System Upgrade", and this screen should pop up:

8. Go ahead and click on "OK".

9. Now, unplug your USB cable from the computer, wait for 5 seconds, then plug it back in. You'll get this prompt:

10. Click on the first "Y" button, Yes. Wait for a few seconds for it to start upgrading. Once finished, go to step 16 of my guide above and pay special attention to it, as this step is critical.

I will post trouble shooting tips as I learn them.

PLAYER STANDARD FILE SYSTEMS:

I will post these as I find them

Onda VX575HD = FAT32 Supports EXFAT
Onda VX585HD = EXFAT
Teclast C500HD = FAT32
Ainol V6000HDV = FAT32
Ainol V6000HDR = FAT32
Ainol V6000HDS = FAT32
Ainol V8000HDA = EXFAT
Cube H200HD = EXFAT
Cube H200HDSC = EXFAT
Cube H300 = EXFAT
Cube H600 = EXFAT

PLAYER STANDARD FILE SYSTEMS GUIDE:

This will help you determine your players standard file system. Please do this before upgrading.

Right click "My Computer", and click on "Manage":

Click on "Disk Management", and you'll see your computer's drives, and their standard formats (Under "File System"):

Simply plug in your player to the USB port (Without having LiveSuit, etc. activated) and a new drive will show up, with your players standard file system. In this case, drive (G :) , my VX787, is FAT32. That's it! Do a proper USB disconnect, and start with the guide above:

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 7:42 am 

thanks for putting this together warrior

we have just had someone brick their sochip player and there was a recovery tool found, may be worth adding it to this

cheers

• Phone: Samsung Galaxy Mini / Huawei G300 (just ordered)
  • Fav App: Strava, IMDB, Jewels
  • Portable Audio: currently none
  • Headphones PC: Brainwavz HM5
-------------------------------------------------------------
  • MP4nation webstore: Here

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 10:57 am 

You're welcome. I have more work to do here, trouble shooting guide, driver recognition tips, etc. What tool was it? Where's the link? I think it's in the Ainol subforum? I saw that one. I think this guide for Onda is slightly different. Perhaps they will both work, but I believe the Ainol upgrade guide calls for driver recognition first, then load the .img file, and it upgrades itself automatically, where Onda says load the .img file first, then get driver recognition, then hit the upgrade button. But ,like I said, perhaps both ways will work. I have a feeling they do.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 8:40 pm 

Glad to see the guy with the Ainol got it unbricked, though there still seems to be issues.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 8:55 pm 

thanks warrior :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:

Keep up the good work

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 12:11 am 

You're very welcome, was glad to do it.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 8:49 am 

Updated #16, what to do after the upgrade.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:21 am 

Hello,
It''s so good to find an English discussion forum for VX575HD, I have some question and hope you can help

Recently I upgrade from VX565HD to 575HD to enjoy HDMI connection to my LCD TV, must say apart from HDMI function, the original firmware 1.00 was not fine tuned yet, with lots on inconvenience in navigation compared to my last VX565HD, also video quality also not on par with VX565HD too (I tested w/ included demo videos), no scene seeking in video playing, if you accidentally shut off the player in mid way so there will no last position and you have to play the video from begining etc...

So I decided to upgrade firmware for it, the latest available now is 1.02 , follows the guide and upgrade process go smoothly and unit reboot w/ 1.02 firmware. Then I find lots of issue after that
1. File system in internal storage become weird w/ strange letter in file/folder name, I guest that system font Chinese may interfere with that.
2. Some of audio file used to play good under 1.00 now can not play at all.
3. All of my collection of video in the unit can not play except the demo files of this VX575HD. My collection have Youtube video, Xvid/H.264/H.263/MP4/PMP but non of them can play :(

I step back to 1.01 but the same thing happened w/ my collection and file system.

After all, I decided come back to 1.00-the origin firmware and everything go fine after that, but at the cost of video player have very poor function and navigation buttons. I keep checking for newer firmware to retest all issue of 1.01 and 1.02 but seems there is no further update.

So, please share your experience w/ VX575HD, have you got same issue like mine and how you overcome that? Thank you

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:50 am 

I'm not really sure ZYL. I've been pouring over the Onda forums seeking an answer, but haven't found anything concrete yet. I think it has to do with re-formatting your player, but I'm not 100% sure. There's a person with an Ainol product, (same chipset) having the same issue: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=15628&start=0 I have read that re-formatting your player, after upgrading does the trick, but have also read that after re-formatting, you have to upgrade again. Translating from Chinese can be very difficult. Unfortunately, the guide that comes with the firmware upgrade has no instructions for formatting, and no trouble shooting guide. I'm still seeking the answer.... There does seem to be an instability issue with version 1.02. ZYL, did you pay close attention to step 16? This does seem to be an issue with SoChip upgrading.

EDIT: The forum member having the same issues with his Ainol (the link I posted above) fixed the issue by formatting his player. Apparently he didn't have to reinstall the firmware: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=15712&p=163581#p163581

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 8:05 pm 

Updated troubleshooting tips.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 154 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16  Next