I misread your problem, I submitted a solution to the problem , my computer will not recognize my Zune player.
Perhaps this will restore your software to your Zune , it is untested by me
Good luck !!!
This article describes how to restore your Zune device software. You may want to restore your Zune device software when the device does not operate as expected.
To view steps for more-specific issues, please visit the following Zune Web site:http://zune.net/support/topissues.htm
When possible, we recommend that you sync your Zune device with the Zune client software on your computer to back up any Zune Marketplace content before you perform the following steps. For more information about how to back up your content, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
) How to back up content that you purchased from the Zune Marketplace
When you restore your Zune device software, the startup partition and the data partition are removed and rebuilt. In addition to removing the Zune device software, this process also erases all content, including music, videos, pictures, podcasts, friends, games, and audio books that are stored on the Zune device.
Warning To restore the Zune device software, you must have a Windows-based computer that has an Internet connection. That computer must have the Zune software installed. And you must be able to connect the Zune device to a USB port on that computer by using a Zune Sync Cable. Do not perform the following steps if you do not have any one or more of these things immediately available.
1. Set the Hold Switch to unlocked.
2. Press and hold the Back button
Collapse this imageExpand this image
while you press and hold the top of the Zune Pad. When the Zune device begins to power up, release the buttons.
3. Immediately after you release the buttons in step 2, press and hold the following combination of buttons, depending on your Zune model:
- If you have the Zune 4GB, the Zune 8GB, the Zune 16GB, the Zune 80GB, or the Zune 120GB, immediately press and hold the Back button while you press both the Zune Pad and the Play/Pause button. Continue to hold these buttons until your Zune device restarts and "Please wait" appears on the screen.
4. After “Connect Zune to your PC” appears, connect the Zune device to the computer that has the current Zune software installed, and then update the device to the current Zune device software.
After you start to restore the Zune device software, you cannot again use the device until you complete all the steps. You will not receive any confirmation or warning on the Zune device after you start the following procedure.
To restore the Zune device software, follow these steps: