MP4 Nation Forums
MP4 Nation Store - MP4 Nation Blog - MP4 Nation Facebook - Brainwavz Website

It is currently Sun Apr 20, 2014 11:41 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 4:34 am 

ps : i'll do a preview of the VI30 if i'll get one ;)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 4:46 am 

To be honest. Hard to keep up with those tablet. so many of them, we just read here and there, can't really tell much unless we experience each of them. They all pros and cons. Also from user experience we see, some cheap low end ones are better than some high spec(on paper), it really depends on what you need the tablet for and what the budget you set for. To me, I don't have problem reading on 7" 16:9. everyone has their own preference.

from start, have a look in mp4nation store,read and learn more about them, see if any suit your need.

As i said, you money, you choice, you're the one to live with it.

good luck.

My MIDnite mini review.
VX610 upgrade guide.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 6:32 am 

thanks for your advices Rowor, sure that for a low money you won't get an iPad, but in other hands , when seeing in you tube about the T760 i can see that it suit my needs, now what i'm seeking is the feedbacks of some users about battery life , products quality, android's implementations and other bugs, btw did you used it rowwor?
thanks again and glad to be a member of your nation ;)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 6:46 am 

read our member's review here: viewtopic.php?t=22397, Covered most info you want to know.

To me, 70% positive is good to me, as other branded names tablet has pros and corns, they all seems rush out to market first, then fix the software after. from my expirence, most are pretty good quality, again, it depends on how you like it.

I have received my T760 this afternoon, will play with it for few days before i use other custom roms.

My MIDnite mini review.
VX610 upgrade guide.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 5:51 pm 

congratz for the t760 hope you'll enjot it :D
about the teclast t760 preview; already read it btw great job Vmajor, just a little more question like for example the possibility to plug a headset earphone+mic in the 3.5 mm headphone jackor to use a bluetooth headset.
also when i've read about the limitation of the market ( for example the cache limitation for the size of apps in the smartQ) can i install in the tabs some heavy sized apps that i've downloaded in my computer on the tabs or does the cache limitation couldn't let me install?

also in term of speed does a 800mHz cortex A9 better than a 1.2 gHz A8??
sorry for those -annoying lol- questions but i'm new to this world and all this fascinate me

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 11:37 pm 

Well......benchmarking on these 2 chipsets is a bit of a grey area tbh. The AMLogic Chipset and Rockchip RK2918 chipsets have both been under performing in comparison to some early benchmarks that emerged prior to many of these devices hitting the market.

From what I have seen they have been putting in very similar scores, in fact in some cases the Rockchip has been superior. There has also been speculation the Rockchip RK2918 is not running at it's full clock speed of 1.2ghz (a few benchmarks on some devices actually reporting 600mhz) and will supposedly eventually reach it's full clock with FW updates. Most of the Rockchip devices are also running Android 2.3 as opposed to 2.2 on the AMLogic which may have also impacted on benchmark scores.

The Graphics processing unit on both these devices is strong though so smooth 1080p video, reasonable flash performance and 3D gaming are definitely a possibility. Some may argue the newer A9 architecture in the AMLogic is advantageous, personally I think the stability of the android build is a more crucial element in everyday use and from what I have read the Rockchip RK2918 is leading the way. As Maderin mentioned the AMLogic is also suffering from poor power management issues. The SmartQ 10 does have a huge battery though and I believe the battery is actually one of the best available on the AMLogic chipset (6hrs + apparently) as compared with 3hrs on the Ainol Nova 8 (May be in part due to higher res display and smaller battery though).

We have all read VMajor's Teclast T760 review and obviously it is very promising in terms of the battery scores on the RK2918 chipset, which for me is very important considering these are supposed to be portable devices.

Personally I am waiting to see how the Onda Vi30 performs. I do like the idea of the 4:3 aspect and slightly more real estate than the Teclast. While the display may not be able to match the Ainol Nova 8's cray 1280x768 resolution, 1024x768 on 8 inches is still respectable. The panel may be alo able to improve on the Teclasts viewing angle, who knows?

It will also apparently have a 4500mah battery which on paper (given the teclast scores) should bode well for battery life, although it all depends as to how well implemented the Operating system is.

The only potential issue with the Onda Vi30 is the price. It has been listed in China already at a ludicrously high 1499RMB which is approximately $231. So after export price bumps/shipping etc will almost certainly come in around $300. It is unclear as to why they have priced it so high, given the fact some export sites are listing the Ainol Nova 8 as low as $210 (including shipping) and the T760 is at around the $250 mark (Including shipping).

Will have to wait for a review on the Vi30 to see if it is up to much. Be interesting to see if it can match the Teclast. It may also be worth noting that the Ainol and Teclast are already catching the eye of custom Rom makers, so we could see some improved 3rd party firmwares too.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 11:45 pm 

yeah, i have seen the vi30 for 299$, which comes in at about £186, now, as mentioned by VIPER the tegra 2 based advent 10.1" is now at 199 with a good support network - the gaps certainly are closing here

• Phone: Samsung Galaxy Mini / Huawei G300 (just ordered)
  • Fav App: Strava, IMDB, Jewels
  • Portable Audio: currently none
  • Headphones PC: Brainwavz HM5
-------------------------------------------------------------
  • MP4nation webstore: Here

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 3:12 am 

sere83 wrote:

The only potential issue with the Onda Vi30 is the price. It has been listed in China already at a ludicrously high 1499RMB which is approximately $231. So after export price bumps/shipping etc will almost certainly come in around $300. It is unclear as to why they have priced it so high, given the fact some export sites are listing the Ainol Nova 8 as low as $210 (including shipping) and the T760 is at around the $250 mark (Including shipping).

for the ainol i was seduced first time i've heard about it but 3 hours of battery life made me forget about it

just a little question the t760 cost 1299 rmb and the vi30 cost 1499 so for a 16gb, 8" and a 4500 mhz battery isn't it a good deal?so i think that the real deal for the vi30 isn't the price,but it's the Os 's implementation and the stability of the system
i dunno if there s actually some tabs with same specs at same- or lower- price (if there's some i'm interessted to know more about them)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 3:42 am 

well the RK2918 platform that is used in the teclast and vi30 is still very new and we are seeing many tablets with this in so we are still seeing how well they do, there are starting to see some generic tablets appera with the 2918 in also
the vi30 is still too much to pay, its being sold at $300 in shops and depending on where you are thats competing with global brands or much more know products like the advent vega or some of the Archos products - but it does seem that tabs built on the rk2918 are so far coming in quite expensive

• Phone: Samsung Galaxy Mini / Huawei G300 (just ordered)
  • Fav App: Strava, IMDB, Jewels
  • Portable Audio: currently none
  • Headphones PC: Brainwavz HM5
-------------------------------------------------------------
  • MP4nation webstore: Here

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 1:27 pm 

Quote:
the alex's review of the teclast t760 seduced me a lot

I often find Alex has that effect on people.

... But yes, RK2918 is still very new and so we won't be seeing things like custom roms on it for a while or anything like that. Also, if you're looking for OS stability, since it is so new there may be some issues there that custom roms might help in the future.

Ingenuity™ by maderin1 - The New Fragrance