Brainwavz hm5 or hm9?

hpnow

Brainwavz hm5 or hm9?

Postby hpnow » Mon Dec 01, 2014 7:04 pm

Hi All,

I've bought a pair of HM5 but got sent a pair of HM9, so the question is, should I return it?, I've read many review about HM5 and everyone seem to swear by its clarity, hence my decision at the first place, but could someone please let me know your experience with HM5 and HM9? I don't want to go through the trouble of returning the HM9 and to find out they both sound similar in term of clarify but just with extra bass on the HM9.

note: my brother has a pair of sennheiser momentum and I just love it, the sound is so clear and just perfect, may be I'm just naive to hope the HM5 to be similar in term of clarity.

hoping to hear from you guys.

maderin1

Re: Brainwavz hm5 or hm9?

Postby maderin1 » Tue Dec 02, 2014 4:34 am

not similar at all - chalk and cheese - the HM5 are Monitors and basically give a whole other sound than the HM9, to me HM9 are too heavy and bassy, a little too messy, the HM5 are opposite, pure and with many extra pad sets and cups for altering and playing with the soundstage - send them back and get the HM5 and if it was their fault they will, i am sure, see you right

• Phone: Samsung Galaxy Mini / Huawei G300 (just ordered)
  • Fav App: Strava, IMDB, Jewels
  • Portable Audio: currently none
  • Headphones PC: Brainwavz HM5
-------------------------------------------------------------
  • MP4nation webstore: Here

hpnow

Re: Brainwavz hm5 or hm9?

Postby hpnow » Tue Dec 02, 2014 7:49 pm

Thx mandarin, thats exactly the info im after, i rather have a set of good baseline to start with and add amp later if need to. I'm contacting mp4nation now.

Btw could u give some advise on which portable amp work well with this unit?

Cheers

Return to “General Brainwavz Discussion and reviews”