MP4 Nation Forums
MP4 Nation Store - MP4 Nation Blog - MP4 Nation Facebook - Brainwavz Website

It is currently Sun Nov 23, 2014 7:58 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:12 pm 

I bought this device not long ago as a media player primarily as the reseller (not mp4nation) assured me it was great for that purpose being a telechips device <- I'll get to the problem with that further down..

Build is pretty good IMO, nice clean shell no creaks, it also has nice big front buttons and 4 way controller. The touch screen responsiveness is pretty good for a resistive screen, easy enough to use also a stylus is included if you need it.

The screen quality is OK if you use the device in landscape, not great but not terrible considering it is relatively cheap. it does black out if you tilt it back and also in the vertical position it doesn't look as nice, the screen has a shimmer that annoys my eyes after I while.. Just use it landscape and its good enough.

Android 2.1 is included and with v4rev2 firmware you have full market running.. USB transfer speeds when you plug the device direct to the PC are very good actually... It also has a full size SD/SDHC slot which is a big bonus for me (with a few spare fast cards lying around)..

So that's the good over an done with now the bad...

I have never had a force close error from an app I have installed crashing, which sounds good at first but the reality is it just resets itself instead. Even just browsing the web or typing notes in a simple todo app the device will suddenly reset..

Audio/Video sync is out. Even on low resolution MKV, Divx and WMV the audio and video is about 0.5 of a second out (audio before video). The reseller says it is “easy to ignore” but I personally cannot ignore a fault like that, its up to you if you can? HD files are out even more..

Now when I complained I was ignored until I opened a paypal dispute and was eventually told it is not his fault it is the manufacturers fault. I got him to contact the manufacturer after another user told me they already know of the problem and it can't be fixed and here is their response..

“I called smartdevice company, they said all the android mid with tcc890x cpu has these problem”

I would be interested if other people have telechips devices that have this same problem?? Or more importantly ones that don't have this problem..

So I have ordered myself an Archos 70 for about AUD$90 more than the T7 cost me to my door.. I think it will be worth the extra.. I would have got the rocktab but I really want a 2.1 or above device..

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:20 pm 

Sorry to say that i am not surprised, the T7 really never impressed me and SmartQ port of Android for the T7 and that too of the V7 was one of the worse i have come across. It's a real shame as SmartQ had such a head start in the whole MID field, but their products have been over shadowed by less costly better performing devices.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:13 am 

admin wrote:
but their products have been over shadowed by less costly better performing devices.

I stupidly thought as a more expensive telechips device it might have a better build and implementation of Android... guess not...

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 6:11 pm 

I guess the new SmartQ R10 might likely have some of the same issues as it uses the Telechips TCC8902 also.

Yeah I agree that SmartQ could have continued strong as they did help to bring attention to the 4.3"/5.0" MID area.

edit: Well maybe the upcoming 7" N7 will be better. http://mp4nation.net/blog/2010/12/smart ... pointment/