MP4 Nation Forums
MP4 Nation Store - MP4 Nation Blog - MP4 Nation Facebook - Brainwavz Website

It is currently Sun Oct 26, 2014 4:30 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 5:32 pm 

i hope this doesn't violate any rules but this seemed like the best place to ask

i was wondering about a couple of these generics going around the net. goes anyone have any idea who is producing them? are they really crappy? are they a scam. do you guys ever sell generics like this? is their stuff that is totally comparable and fully legitimate on here?

heres a couple examples from a website {again i hope this is ok to post, sorry if not}

REMOVED - sorry

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:38 pm 

fake - simply fake utter crap -fake by i mean its memory is faked it will really be 2 or 4gb

TBH they are rubbish, for that price you get bad build unfinished firmware, errors problems and no way to update or fix anything - steer well clear mate -i will remove the links as they are to other store selling mp4 so ..

mp4nation do have one called the optimus thats the only one they do now, they did originally sell them but stopped and started selling branded players

• Phone: Samsung Galaxy Mini / Huawei G300 (just ordered)
  • Fav App: Strava, IMDB, Jewels
  • Portable Audio: currently none
  • Headphones PC: Brainwavz HM5
-------------------------------------------------------------
  • MP4nation webstore: Here

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:07 pm 

ok. well thats what i wanted to know. thanks.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:29 am 

maderin1 wrote:
fake - simply fake utter crap -fake by i mean its memory is faked it will really be 2 or 4gb

TBH they are rubbish, for that price you get bad build unfinished firmware, errors problems and no way to update or fix anything - steer well clear mate -i will remove the links as they are to other store selling mp4 so ..

mp4nation do have one called the optimus thats the only one they do now, they did originally sell them but stopped and started selling branded players

hey i found the producers site. heres the link. maybe it will help you guys answer peoples questions about their fake 32gig generics. thanks

http://jmt-tech.en.alibaba.com/product/ ... _16GB.html

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:34 am 

with all respect thats not the manufacturers site - its just another bulk reseller and they all like to claim that they make them or have factories, most do not - these clones are not from one factory or suppliers they are made by hundreds of places, many just open up, make some player sell them and shut down again - there is not just one im afraid, the world of the cheap no-name players is an odd one, filled with small, almost back room outfits, many of which are willing to hack the memory if thats what you want

• Phone: Samsung Galaxy Mini / Huawei G300 (just ordered)
  • Fav App: Strava, IMDB, Jewels
  • Portable Audio: currently none
  • Headphones PC: Brainwavz HM5
-------------------------------------------------------------
  • MP4nation webstore: Here

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:44 am 

maderin1 wrote:
with all respect thats not the manufacturers site - its just another bulk reseller and they all like to claim that they make them or have factories, most do not - these clones are not from one factory or suppliers they are made by hundreds of places, many just open up, make some player sell them and shut down again - there is not just one im afraid, the world of the cheap no-name players is an odd one, filled with small, almost back room outfits, many of which are willing to hack the memory if thats what you want

that's sinister