MP4 Nation Forums
MP4 Nation Store - MP4 Nation Blog - MP4 Nation Facebook - Brainwavz Website

It is currently Sat Nov 22, 2014 12:18 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post subject: My mini M5 Review
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:44 am 

Hi all!
I've had the pleasure of testing out the new M5's since the development stage, and finally received my retail pair(actually, two retail pairs, one with the mic/remote,the other without, thanks Raz!). After a nice burn in, I can finally give my opinion of these nicely made IEM's.

I am aware of the rather large amount of reviews of these newest of Brainwavz's, but restrained from actually reading them. I hate being influenced by others opinions before I have formed my own. Saying that, I have been using these exclusively for most of this week, getting a feel for the fit, build quality and, of course, their sound.

The sound stage is pretty good with the M5's, much better, IMHO, than that of the M4's. I like the even, clear sound they produce, with no harshness or bleed that I could hear. All of the instruments I listened to, from blazing guitars to soft cellos, came through clearly. The M5's have sharp sound reproduction, especially in the upper registers, with no sibilance at all, just crisp, clear highs...much better than the M4's in this regard. The lower end is also strong and tight, not punchy or exaggerated. I like the sound overall, it's very detailed and smooth.

I also like the way these are made, with a strong metal casing(that also looks great in its copper color) and nice cords that seem pretty strong(with thankfully an included slide ring to cinch up the slack making for a much better fit and much less microphonics, at least on the M5's without the mic/remote). I pulled and yanked them every which way and they handled it with aplomb. The included tips and shirt clip were also all nice to have, with the Comply foam tips my overall favorite. The case included is quite large, with plenty of room for some extras like a spare phone battery, nice. For the record, the pair with the mic/remote worked equally well on my Android phone as well as on my nieces iPhone 4S.

All told, the M5's are a very nice set of IEM's. If your looking for a well made, smooth sounding set of in ears, then you can't do much better than the M5's, especially at their almost bargain price. They slot in well between the M4's and the much more expensive B2's, and give a nice option for those who need good sound on a budget. I highly recommend them!

Ainol NOVO 7 Elf II 7" 1024x600 Capacitive Screen, 16 GB of memory, 1GB of Ram, 32GB microSD card, Dual Core, Android 4.0.3 with the Custom Dark Elf Rom. VIDEO REVIEW: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XpsSK5G0XMo

UG802 Android On A Stick HDMI based Android TV Device. 1080p Video, 4GB Ram, 32GB microSD card, Android 4.1.1 Jellybean, Rockchip 3066 Dual Core. VIDEO REVIEW: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2gqd1AjJm60

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:15 pm 

cheers for the review, really do look sexy in copper
build quality seems pretty good too
which case did you get, the new funky black and red one?

• Phone: Samsung Galaxy Mini / Huawei G300 (just ordered)
  • Fav App: Strava, IMDB, Jewels
  • Portable Audio: currently none
  • Headphones PC: Brainwavz HM5
-------------------------------------------------------------
  • MP4nation webstore: Here

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:01 pm 

Thanks, mad :-) The case I got is the all black one embossed with the brainwavz logo, it's a great case. Considering what you get from even the most expensive IEM's (most don't even give you a cloth bag to carry their product in....), the case is a great addition to the total experience you get here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:33 pm 

Nice review D2K.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:03 pm 

Thanks, Troy :-) I have just been informed by my niece that the M5's with the mic/remote were just assaulted by her new kitty last night.... She chewed them up pretty bad but they still work great! I honestly can't believe they still work ... but there you go, great durability these new M5's have :-)