MP4 Nation Forums
MP4 Nation Store - MP4 Nation Blog - MP4 Nation Facebook - Brainwavz Website

It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:12 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 9:19 am 

It's been a while since I posted my last review, here. Well, let's try to help a bit with impressions about the (almost) whole Brainwavz family!

Since Raz started me on the game, sending me my first pair of Alphas as a gift, with a brand new S:flo, I've been keeping an eye on their earphones and growing in knowledge together with the brand.

Now, I can proudly say that I know almost every earphone they sell. The exceptions are M3, M4 and the 3 new kids, S1, R3 and Delta. I had Alpha, Pro Alpha, Beta V1, Beta V2, M1 and M2 at same time.

I will start the new reviews talking a little bit about my precious Pro Alpha.

At fist, I didn't gave them the proper attention, because I had M1 and M2 to keep my mind and ears very busy. Maybe the fact that Pro Alpha looks so much like the Alphas (the cheapest one so far), I was tempted to leave it behind in behalf of the more expensive ones. And I finished up selling it to a friend...

It was a huge mistake!

Luckly, I'm a "bargain" addicted, and recently Raz throw some coupons that was really hard to left behind.

By the time it came on the mail, I was in deep love with the SoundMAGIC E30, and the only thing holding me back to say they were my perfect IEM was because of the bass ammount: it was a little too much to my ears! And that's why I wasn't using my M2 that much. Too much bass makes me sick... lol

Then I tried the Pro Alphas and... OMG! I felt so dumb! I had them in my room for about 3 months and I never gave them the proper listening time! I needed to buy it twice to realize it was the perfect combination of sound signature and comfort in one package! A cheap package! 45 bucks is a steal for this IEM!

I think they have the perfect amount of bass and treble, never sounding harsh, and the perfect midrange to complete the party! A little peak on 2 to 3khz, but luckly (again), it does not bother me at all!

After some time on this hobby, I discovered that musicians have a different understanding about audio equipments and audiophile slangs, so, I'll pass from normal reviews for just my excitment about the gears I use.

That said, I can open my heart and tell you: It is not about the price! It is about how much it fills you with the blessing of music! And Pro Alpha scored a goal! I can listen to it on really low volumes, at night, in my bedroom, or louder on the streets, it never sounds sibilant, or harsh, or whatever! It sounds just right to me!

Not to mention the "more than generous" amount of accessories, and the best hard case I ever saw in this hobby (even better than the tiny Westone case that comes with W4r)!

Congratulations Raz and all Brainwavz family!

To me, the Pro Alpha is a keeper! My number one IEM since I got them again!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:19 pm 

well well, some serious lovin' for the old Pro Alphas there louis

has raz sent you any samples of the latest phones at all but maybe not the HM9 as the BASS is so powerful i think your head would truly explode

nice review and i must admit i didn't give the Pro a chance either, glad you gave the a second chance and thanks for the review

hope all is well with you and the music and all the animals :)

• Phone: Samsung Galaxy Mini / Huawei G300 (just ordered)
  • Fav App: Strava, IMDB, Jewels
  • Portable Audio: currently none
  • Headphones PC: Brainwavz HM5
-------------------------------------------------------------
  • MP4nation webstore: Here

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 2:08 am 

maderin1 wrote:
well well, some serious lovin' for the old Pro Alphas there louis

has raz sent you any samples of the latest phones at all but maybe not the HM9 as the BASS is so powerful i think your head would truly explode

nice review and i must admit i didn't give the Pro a chance either, glad you gave the a second chance and thanks for the review

hope all is well with you and the music and all the animals :)

In fact, Mad, I tried almost every earphone and all headphones of the Brainwavz family. I'm planning to write a bit about every one, comparing them. I think the only ones I left behind were M3 and S1 (the new ones I've bought and I'm waiting them to arrive).

Brainwavz have serious toys, dude! I've been trying tons of earphones since Raz itroduced me to Alpha, and I'm a huge fan of the entire family!

Pro Alpha and HM5 are the "must have forever", but I have nice things to say about all of them!

Everything is fine here, life is good and peaceful, and music is everything that matters! :D I hope everything is fine with you, too!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 2:59 pm 

Sorry i didn't reply to this sooner.

Louis thank you for the review, i always like to read reviews and feedback from everyone, i am thrilled you found the ProAlphas so good, please spread the news, for all the years we have had the ProAlpha its always sold the least, its a bit of a underdog, not many people think about it even though its got great sound. I've at least twice cancelled the ProAlpha out of the series but i always see requests coming in so i keep it in stock, but 2014 maybe the last year for the ProAlpha.

The case is awesome, i can't take credit for it, thats from other members of the team. You should see the new case they are working on, although the current renderings make it look like a case you would carry sunglasses in, they assure me the real product will look very good and not so much like a sunglasses case.

BTW the lower cost T-Peos stuff shouldn't be over looked, they got some good stuff too.