MP4 Nation Forums
MP4 Nation Store - MP4 Nation Blog - MP4 Nation Facebook - Brainwavz Website

It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 7:35 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 6:24 am 

Hello Nationites, Hotboxx here with his new user name..hotboxxx :-)

Recently I bought the Xiaomi Pistons en the new Brainwavz Delta headsets. I tought it would be a good idea to compare them.

I paid for the Pistons 24.78 USD and the Deltas are currently priced at 22.50 USD. However, the Xiaomi pistons price dropped since I bought them.

Packaging: in this department the Pistons are the winner, they are packed in a very nice box that can be used for storage. The cable winds around the rubberish chocolate brown block, the earbuds, volume controller and 3.5mm plug fit nice inside the block.

The Piston earbud adapters have their own place in the bottom of the small box. The Delta adapters come in a small plastic bag, but they come with foam plugs.

The actual earbuds look completely different for both headsets, the Pistons are simple and made out of aluminum. The Delta earbuds have a more complicated shape and have red details.

The Delta cables are off white and made out of silicone, the Pistons cables are claimed to be made out of carbon but actually it is chocolate brown cotton.

I have to mention something that usually nobody mentions about headsets: the way they smell!!

The Deltas are odourless, but the Pistons have a nice coffee/chocolate smell. It´s a good idea in my opinion.

Finally, the most important, the sound quality. Both headsets deliver good sound quality for the price, the Deltas are balanced and for those who like bass they will prefer the Pistons. It´s all about personal preference, and this concerns the looks, feel, odour and sound quality.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 7:12 pm 

Nice pictures, the Xiaomi Pistons look nice, i like their remote, its well built, not normally something you find on earphones priced at that level.

How come you made a second account, did you forget your password on the other account?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 7:42 pm 

hey there hotboxx ver. 2 - welcome back

nice review and comparison and those others do have a really nice remote and packaging for the price

i have had play with the delta and love the solid feel and, it took a while but they sound really nice and natural, nothing heavy, nothing sharp just really nice and natural - my son has adopted them now, he was using the M5 but much prefers these Delta

• Phone: Samsung Galaxy Mini / Huawei G300 (just ordered)
  • Fav App: Strava, IMDB, Jewels
  • Portable Audio: currently none
  • Headphones PC: Brainwavz HM5
-------------------------------------------------------------
  • MP4nation webstore: Here

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:24 pm 

Hi Raz, I forgot my password from the old account, but the email adress for that account is blocked, so I started all over again, no problem.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 7:42 pm 

If you got a working email that you have access to that is not registered to this forum you can shoot a email over to admin@mp4nation.net and let me know the email addy, i can then put that email in your old account and you can reset the password.

btw does the cloth cable create a lot of noise when walking around (i forgot the proper term for this effect).

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:04 pm 

The cloth cable does not create a lot of noise, it's better than the silicone or plastic cables.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:31 pm 

i have seen alot of low cost ones around here using those cables and they do seem to fray and split alot easier/more - it can be at anypoint along the wire - mind you we are talking kids here ... nothing last in their hands!!!

• Phone: Samsung Galaxy Mini / Huawei G300 (just ordered)
  • Fav App: Strava, IMDB, Jewels
  • Portable Audio: currently none
  • Headphones PC: Brainwavz HM5
-------------------------------------------------------------
  • MP4nation webstore: Here

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 5:54 pm 

All cables can fray and damage with improper use, happens easier on cloth cables because of the material.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 9:04 pm 

Thanks for the comparison review, I've got the updated version of the Xiaomi Pistons en route, my Deltas just had a 150+ hours burn-in, will post my impressions as well once the Pistons have arrived and have gone through burn-in.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 5:15 pm 

I am pretty sure the pistons are being made through Dunu, so i am not surprised they are that good.