MP4 Nation Forums
MP4 Nation Store - MP4 Nation Blog - MP4 Nation Facebook - Brainwavz Website

It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:14 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 11:26 am 

I have had in my grubby little paws a pre release pair of the all new "budget" In Ear Headphones from mp4nation, and they are called Brainwavz Delta! I've had these for nearly two weeks now, and, with a few breaks in between, have put these low priced IEM's through some serious testing. I have over 100 hours on them, and I abused these any way I could think of just to see if they could put up with the daily rigors of life. These, I am proud to say, look none the worse for wear after this torture :)

The Delta's sound great, with a full open sound signature that caught me as off guard as it gets. I came into this all but expecting the usual at this price point: Boomy bass and not much else. Boy was I ever wrong! These have a very clear sound signature, with emphasis on the mids and high end, and a not too bad lower end. Dare I say that the Delta's are almost neutral sounding, with nice clarity and above average separation.....they can't possibly be as low priced as they are, they just can't be, not and sound as good as this! GREAT job Raz and company, you did good here.

Build quality is also a surprise, with a grippy rubberized cable thats a lot thicker than the norm at this price point, and it seems pretty darn sturdy to boot. There is stress relief in all the right places, a very strong all aluminum housing for the drivers, and it even has a set of Comply tips in addition to three different sets of hybrid(!) silicon tips...a very nice haul for the money. The only problem I found was the rubber cabling was prone to a pretty serious memory effect if left curled up for too long...but even that can be fixed by hanging them over a chair all straightened out overnight. Tangling was all but eliminated by using this material, though, so that's the trade off here. The color was also not quite color wheel perfect red, either, being more of a washed out tone instead of a dark rich one. Also, the cord could stand to be a bit longer if you plan on putting these down to pants pocket level for use. That's all I could come up with in the not so perfect department.

For the money(yes I'm saying this a lot here---they are amazing for this price!!), these are the best cheaper IEM's I've used yet in the Brainwavz lineup, and I've had them all. There's no way your beating these if all you have is twenty or so bucks in your pocket, period. Any questions, ask away and I'll answer to the best of my ability.

Testing was done exclusively with my Rockboxed Sansa Clip+ and no additional external amplification.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 11:56 am 

From the looks in photos, it seems they don't have a filter on the nozzle? Is it true?
I am always skeptical of some wax getting in the chamber because of that.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:06 pm 

Saurabh wrote:
From the looks in photos, it seems they don't have a filter on the nozzle? Is it true?
I am always skeptical of some wax getting in the chamber because of that.

Yes, there is a screen(filter) there, it was hard getting a super clear photo of it though.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:45 pm 

nice glowing review D2K - so basically you are saying double the price :)
do you use the Comply tips then, personally i could never get used to them or other foamy ones

• Phone: Samsung Galaxy Mini / Huawei G300 (just ordered)
  • Fav App: Strava, IMDB, Jewels
  • Portable Audio: currently none
  • Headphones PC: Brainwavz HM5
-------------------------------------------------------------
  • MP4nation webstore: Here

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:49 pm 

Thanks for the review D2K, these are (i hope) going to be wildly popular, our team really wanted one product that just sounded really f'in good and low cost enough that most people would be tempted to pick it up. I know it may sound like i am just blowing my own horn but the Delta really are very good for what they are AND we even broke from the normal black color and added some color and flare (but not too much flare).

I just want to point out that the foam tips that D2K got on his pre-production unit are T500, the retail version will not have those tips but will be Comply S400 tips, the same ones that are found in the Betas and M-series.

Can't wait for these to get into stock and getting out to people.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:16 pm 

maderin1 wrote:
nice glowing review D2K - so basically you are saying double the price :)
do you use the Comply tips then, personally i could never get used to them or other foamy ones

No worries, these work just fine with the silicone tips as well, but I personally love the Comply tips, they are very comfy for long periods of time. And for the record, I've paid double that price and didn't get double the sound quality ;)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:18 pm 

Raz wrote:
Thanks for the review D2K, these are (i hope) going to be wildly popular, our team really wanted one product that just sounded really f'in good and low cost enough that most people would be tempted to pick it up. I know it may sound like i am just blowing my own horn but the Delta really are very good for what they are AND we even broke from the normal black color and added some color and flare (but not too much flare).

I just want to point out that the foam tips that D2K got on his pre-production unit are T500, the retail version will not have those tips but will be Comply S400 tips, the same ones that are found in the Betas and M-series.

Can't wait for these to get into stock and getting out to people.

These are the best you've done yet at this price point, Raz, they really are. Blow that horn, dude, you earned it :)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 2:48 am 

Thanks dragon2knight !

I have this Brainwavz Delta
and i have the same opinion !

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 2:53 am 

Your welcome :) These are my go to IEM's, I'm having a hard time switching them off with any others, I like them that much :) Enjoy your new toys, they are a real winner :)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 7:13 pm 

Ah finally the people who preorder these are now getting them, Quantium/Singpost seems to be taking especially a lot longer getting these processed to the various destinations.