Postby Kingdomfall » Thu Jun 18, 2009 7:58 am

And so, in a fateful twist of irony, my Pl-30s have decided to die. Not completely, not absolutely, but suddenly one of the headphones are really quiet compared to the other one. I believe it was due to the input power being too amazingly high ( 32 mW from player+ whatever the E5 has), but it is boggling my mind. I can still hear the other one <barely> and it's really unnerving to have it such as it currently is. I was wondering if there is any fix for this, or am I stuck with them such as they are? I have already decided that I would get the betas, but I really do like my SM's and wish I didn't have to have them destroyed.
Headphones: Koss Portapros, Sennheiser Hd435, Sony XB 500, Sony V150, Sony Street style, Roxy JBL's, Toxic Rock HR, Spirit Rocks HR, Coby crap.
Earbuds: Sennheiser Sporties, Sony EX57-LP, Beta Brainwavz x2 ( Lost one set), Coby crap, PL35's, Skullcandy inlines, Clip on HR, Cube IEMs, Apple, RIP Alphas x2, tinny toms x3
Players: RIP OS-72, Sansa Clip, RIP Sansa E320, Cube H880FHDR, Cowon D2, Nanite 1, Shuffle.
Phone : LG Rumour 2, Moto W385.

Postby Raz » Thu Jun 18, 2009 1:49 pm

The Betas are better than the PL30, but are not as heavy in bass as the PL30s are, but if you already own a E5 amp then you don't have much to worry about as the E5 amp props up the bass making it overall a much better pair of earphones than the PL30.

Return to “SoundMagic Earphone & Headphone Discussion”