MP4 Nation Forums
MP4 Nation Store - MP4 Nation Blog - MP4 Nation Facebook - Brainwavz Website

It is currently Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:48 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 12:44 am 

I'm looking for a good mp4 player and I also happen to be a photographer. The Onda VX545HD looks like a perfect device to also display my photos. With that in mind, I wonder if/how it's possible to transfer images directly from a digital camera to a mp4 player.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 2:53 am 

You need to clarify a bit more on what you're talking about. With the expandable memory cards it is definitely possible to just plug them into a player to display photos like a digital photo frame. But this depends on what kind of file your camera saves the pics as on its expandable memory.

It is also possible for some players (creative zen w, and maybe the ramos T10?) to trasfer files from the expandable memory to the main memory of the player, so you can unload your camera without a computer.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 7:51 pm 

Like thallium pointed out, if you are saving the images on your camera directly to a microsd, then you could in theory just plug the card into the VX545HD and be able to view the images, however you need to understand that really huge images can take a long time to load on an MP4 Player. Now the VX545HD does have a powerful media chip, so maybe it can handle faster loading of large images, but thats no guarantee.

I also do not think it is possible to transfer images from microsd memory directly onto the players internal memory.

You may also want to look into device with On The Go (OTG) function.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 8:46 pm 

The new SmartQ 5 MID has USB OTG and a 4.3" screen but you would not be able to store many large MB images on it unless you had a large TF card attached.

Not sure if I can mention this here (please delete if I can't) but I have a photo viewer/storage device (Flashtrax) that I would probably sell if the price was right.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 9:55 pm 

you cannot connect a camera directly to the 545, if that's what you mean but you can copy/paste files from the memory card to the internal memory within the player without the use of a computer, it's not very fast though.

note that the 545 has a beautiful screen to display photos but the image viewer is very limited, in fact you can only rotate pictures.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 3:56 pm 

Oh good to know that the VX545 allows for internal transfer between the flash and microsd card memory

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:59 am 

admin wrote:
Oh good to know that the VX545 allows for internal transfer between the flash and microsd card memory
yup, it's a small feature but definitely innovative compared to other companies and it's great since this way you can copy stuff from your friends or family without the need of a computer :cool: