The FiiO E6 portable headphone amplifier is the successor to FiiO's immensely popular E5, offering improved sound quality, a new aesthetic and high power output capable of driving high end, high impedance headphones, as well as a good signal to noise ratio and low levels of sound distortion.
The E6, like the E5, is designed to work with any portable audio source, such as MP3 players, iPods, mobile phones and tablets. With a new design, the E6 still maintains a small footprint with sleek style. Though not clad in metal like its predecessor, this actually decreases its weight making it all the more portable and comfortable.
The E6 is an ideal amplifier for those looking for something portable and powerful to take on the go.
- "FiiO is again taking the concept of entry level to a new height with E6." - In Ear Matters
- "the E6 offers a very affordable and portable headphone amp solution that offers some of the sonic benefits of its more expensive rivals [...] And even if you're not convinced by its standard setting's benefits, the EQ modes alone justify its cost." - Trusted Reviews
- Robust design handles high impedance and low sensitivity headphones
- Easy to carry (lightweight) and use both indoors and outdoors
- Built-in electronic volume control for ultra low noise
- Multiple built-in EQ profiles
- Output power: 150mW (16ohms loaded); 16mW (300ohms loaded)
- Signal to noise ratio: >= 95dB (A weight)
- Distortion: < 0.009% (10mW)
- Frequency response: 10Hz - 100KHz
- USB charger port and rechargerable li-ion battery
- Dimensions (E6): 41 x 40.2 x 8mm
- Dimensions (Packaging): 170 x 86 x 20mm
- Net weight: 16g
- Gross weight: 93g
- 2 x 3.5mm interconnect cable (1 long, 1 short)
- 1 x USB cable
- 1 x Manual
*The included accessories with this product can change at any time, as can the outer packaging design. The photographs of the packaging, and the list of included accessories, may not necessarily reflect what your package will look like or the accessories you will receive if the manufacturer decides to make a change. We will, however, do our best to keep this page up to date.
You may also be interested in the following product(s)
FiiO X3 24/192 DAP + Dunu DN-1000 Triple Hybrid Earphone + 32GB MicroSD + Brainwavz Gypsum Stand + Leather Case - Free Fedex 2 Day To Select Destination$399.50
FiiO E17 Alpen DAC & Headphone Amplifier + Brainwavz HM5 Monitor Headphones - Free Fedex 2 Day To Select Destination - XMAS 2013$209.50
- I just started using the Fiio E7 myself, my experience has been pretty positive with most phones not all.
- more than 8 month(s)
- Been using it for 3 months now, and it really improved the sound of my headphones (Akg-k240s).
I used to plug the headphone directly into the iPod touch, and the volume was very low, and details not so clear. After I bought the E6, it got really awesome, the volume was great and the sound was clearer.
If you are using apple products, I strongly recommend buying the LOD cable (mine is the L3), which improves a LOT more the sound quality, compared with the 3.5mm to 3.5mm that comes with the amp.
Indeed a really great amp for the price range.
I liked it so much, that I already bought the E11, which just arrived!! I will use it for a couple weeks and then I will write a review as well.
Go for it!
- more than 1 year(s)
- It's a great amp, do not underestimate power for its small size, as this is a quality and that makes it very portable, and their three EQ is taken out big game because each EQ very well fits all genres and all for less than 30dlls
- more than 8 month(s)
- i was amazed by the power this little guy has! it's half the size of a matchbox and got me a week of battery life! the sound quality was also amazing, even my girlfriend was surpized :D
- I got my E6 few weeks back.
The Build quality in the e6 is below average. The volume rocker is really creaky and the bass boost button is really easy to press. The all plastic construction makes it really light(16g) butsacrifices on the build of the amp. Its also a fingerprint magnet.
The circuitary inside the e6 is top notch. The inside compensates for the outside.(Pardon the pun ;) ) There are three modes on the fiio. EQ1,EQ2, and EQ3. The first eq Increases the bass by about 8.5db. The second EQ, which i found to be better, increases the bass by around 4.5db. Im not sure what the third EQ does. When i put it on the third eq, I found it just reduces the volume a bit. Fiio does say this is for high power jacks, and whenni comnected my galaxy tab 10.1, it did just reduce the volume. I preferred the bass boost in the e5. The amplification is by around 25-30% of the original volume. The overall quality of the music did not increase much, but ill have to try with the L9 cable as well. The hissing noise that was present on the e5 has been done away with in the e6. Cell phone signals dont interfere with it as well.
The Fiio e6 is an amazing product for its price point. The eq modes alone will justify the 28$. If the circuitary had been put into an Aluminium body and had been made in germany, they could have charged around 200$ and gotten away with it. If you had a 100$, i would say go for the e7, but this product is amazing for the 28$ you pay for it.
- more than 9 month(s)
- Don't be fooled by the price of this cheap amp. It is best bang for a buck. It is very small and light. No popup sound when turned on. No channel imbalance, like the cheap amps with analog volume control. Very transparent. Very low output impedance, under 1 Ohm. Very satisfied with this little jewel. If you need very small, very light, very cheap and good sounding amp - E6 is your answer.
- more than 11 month(s)
- I have been using this with the ATH m50's and it's a very good combination. Personally, i don't find the different EQ settings very usefull, but that is probably because my phone has a very good EQ itself. The E6 gets a little disturbed by the signals coming from the phone when you have a bad signal. Still, if you have a good pair of headphones and havent tried them with an AMP yet, prepare to be amazed ;)
Because of the small size and good battery life this is a very portable product that fits in your pocket with your phone/mp3player!
I'd give it 4,5 stars, but since i have to choose between 4 or 5 it has to be 5!
- more than 1 year(s)
- Compared to the amplifier in Fiio E17 Alpen, the E6 is inferior.
However, it does have its use.
I use it primarily with Sandisk Sansa Clip Plus. Sansa's sound is a bit narrow and cold, Fiio E6 makes it warmer and wider, pretty close to the Alpen's sound.
My biggest problem with it that there is no display of the sound volume and it doesn't reset the volume after a shutdown (like Alpen). Because of this, you may occasionally blast your ears with a music that is way too loud.
Battery life is pretty good, 8-10 hours depending on volume.
Overall, it's really good for a portable amplifier at this price.
- more than 11 month(s)
- This amplifier for headphone makes the sound better! After using this for you won't go back! The sound improves a whole lot! It's very small and don't weigh much.
- I've been using my Microsoft Zune HD for almost two years now & I've always felt that it was lacking in bass. That's why I gave the FiiO E6 a try, especially since I have had no prior experience whatsoever with headphone amplifiers.
I like the compact build of the E6 but I think that it's more suited for home use, though, since I find it bothersome to carry it outdoors (even with the presence of a shirt clip).
I've been using the E6 with my BRAINWAVZ ProAlphas, SoundMAGIC PL11s, & SoundMAGIC E10s. I do agree with many that the second EQ setting (with the Blue LED) is the best. Not too much bass for enough clarity. I'm surprised that such a little device like this can do wonders for personal listening.
Only a couple of things are preventing me from giving the E6 a "5":
1. I'm not really too thrilled about the E6's glossy surface: it's not only a fingerprint magnet but also a scratch magnet. A matte finish would've sufficed.
2. I also would advise user to exercise care when using the "spring" switch of the EQ. I'm a bit wary about the build quality of this particular part.
Overall, this is a recommended purchase at its price point, especially for those who want an introduction of experiencing more "oomph" to their music.