Free Fedex 2 Day Shipping:
- If you reside in USA, Canada, UK, France, Netherlands, Spain, Germany, Singapore, Japan, S. Korea, India and a few other locations you will have the option of FREE FEDEX at checkout. The option appears in your shipping options at checkout.
- To get the Free Fedex option this product must be the only item in your cart or other products eligible for free fedex and the shipping address to one of the eligible countries mentioned above, otherwise the free fedex option will not show during checkout.
The Brainwavz HM5 studio monitor headphones provide for exceptionally accurate sound reproduction, their neutral sound signature replicate audio as it was intended to be heard. The HM5 feature an over the ear design which sits comfortably, providing an adequate seal that limits leakage. These closed dynamic monitor headphones are designed to give astounding sound for almost any genre of music and like all Brainwavz the headphones have a simple but stylish look to them.
Included in the package are two detachable cables, a short 1.3 meter cable that is intended to be used with a portable rig and a larger 3 meter cable for use in a home environment. The large 43mm CCAW drivers are surprisingly easy to drive, but they do benefit with amping if used with a portable rig.
- BRAINWAVZ HM5 Pro Studio Monitor Headphone Review+Video
- Brainwavz HM5 - Neutral Champ
- Brainwavz HM5 Review - iFans
- Neutral sound signature
- 1.2m and 3m detachable cables included, use with your portable rig or home rig
- Large, comfortable over the ear cups
- Transducers/Drivers: Closed dynamic, 42mm
- Rated Impedance: 64ohms
- Sensitivity: 105dB at 1mW
- Frequency range: 10~ 26.5KHz
- Rated input power: 100mW
- Plug: 3.5 mm gold plated
- Cable length: 1.3 meters & 3 meter detachable cables
- 1 year warranty
- 1 x 1/4" adapter
- 1 x extra set earpads
- 1 x airplane adapter
- 1 x 1.3m detachable cable
- 1 x 3.0m detachable cable
- 1 x Carrying case
- 1 x Instruction manual
- 1 x Warranty card
*The included accessories with the BRAINWAVZ HM5 can change at any time, as can the outer packaging design. The photographs of the packaging, and the list of included accessories, may not necessarily reflect what your package will look like or the accessories you will receive if the manufacturer decide to make a change. We will, however, do our best to keep this page up to date.
You may also be interested in the following product(s)
BRAINWAVZ HM5 Clarity Boost - Low Profile - 3D Printed Headphone Cups - Black - Free Fedex 2 Day To Select Destination$29.50
- First impression of HM5s: Oh man... this is everything I look for in a pair of headphones.
Solid build, nice deep earpads, really deep! I love it when they don't touch my ears. The isolation is fabulous, coming from CAL, so is the soundstage. Out of the box, I listened to Hotel California (one of my favourites); I don't think I'd heard the song that good before.
I was so much more impressed with the HM5s than my (cheap and modded) bookself speakers I got around the same time. I didn't find anything particularly wrong with the HM5s. One word: smooth. Of course, I need more than one song to judge HM5s' SQ, and some burn-in too. I think I will skip my usual burn-in procedure; yes, they are THAT good.
I can see how they compete well with headphones twice or three times the price. I was so worry that I wouldn't be as impressed with these as with the CAL!, however, that can't be further from the truth. If anything, I am more impressed with these than CAL! when I first got them.
Before someone (anyone) says I'm hyping these 'phones. Maybe I am, maybe not. Take my opinion with a grain of salt if you like.
After burn-in: After 4-5 months of regular use (music and movies), they still sound as great as I first got them. The only downside is it's not too transportable due to its huge size (but light for that size), and maybe the a bit a clamping (as I haven't intentionally stretched my HM5s like many others have to). If you prefer balanced, clear, non-sibilant, airy headphones, you can't miss the HM5s.
- I'm a sucker for value-for-money products and the HM5 easily stands out as one of my best purchases ever. I've tried countless "bang-for-buck" headphones in the past around the $100 range but nothing made me happier than these cans.
Firstly, the build quality is fantastic for the price. It's mostly plastic but of the "soft-touch rubber" variant, giving it a robust feel. There are no creaking noises at all which is a huge plus for me. The clamp is a bit tight at the beginning, but will loosen after a while.
The included accessories are generous and I love the interchangeable cables and extra ear pards. I don't have a lot of use for the carry bag but nevertheless, it's a nice touch.
And lastly, the sound. All I can say is WOW. It is very nuetral sounding and there is good clarity among the mid and highs. The lows extend well enough but is controlled and not boomy. Ocassionally, I would pair it with my old Fiio E5 with bass boost on to get that extra oomph. The overall signature would suit someone looking for balanced sound. As for die-hard bassheads, you might want to look elsewhere.
- I know what you are thinking. How can they be warm and neutral? Well, if you were listening to them (like I am right now) you would understand.
Pros: Neutral, Warm, Comfortable, Accurate, Light
Cons: Pleather Pads, Large Size
Back to the sound. Warmth vs. Neutral Sound. Some people might get warm and dark mixed. These are not dark, they are straight forward and clear. The warmth comes from their overall signature sound. It gives you all of the music, like it should be heard, with out any being the slightest bit too bright in the highs.
Mids are placed right in the middle, where they should be. Not forward, not recessed.
Lows are perfect. Great punch and overall balance. With some eq tweaking, they can even become nicely bass heavy. Though for me. I find a Flat EQ with a slight decrees in bass is best for my ears.
My only issues with these headphones come with long term comfort. The pleather pads while soft, can make your ears warm after even a little amount of time. Also, the clamping on the headband can be tight to your head. This is an easy fix, just stretch them over some books or a ball overnight, this will re leave some of the pressure. Also just wearing them normally will eventually cut down on the clamping force.
These are large cans, that said, they are surprising light. Also the headband (when stretched correctly) provides a comfortable fit for hours.
These are true "Monitor" headphones. Great build quality and overall sound. These make excellent reference cans.
I would highly recommend the HM5.
- I really love these headphones. They are an absolute stellar value. The ear cups are big and deep so they fit over your ears. That's a must for me. The pads are thick and comfortable. There's a little more clamp force than I would like but it's not too hard to stretch the headphones out a little.
The sound is spot on. Nothing is over or under emphasized. I know many people want thundering bass as if a subwoofer is strapped to your head, but bloated bass does not make a good headphone. The HM5 have plenty of bass, they just only reproduce it when the song calls for it and it doesn't interfere with the mids or highs. As it shouldn't. The mids are a little warm and velvety. Female vocals sound wonderful. The highs are not harsh, but they aren't completely devoid of detail either. For the price of these you get a comfortable full sized headphone that's close to neutral. You get a case, two cords, two sets of ear pieces.
- more than 2 year(s)
- First impressions:
As they mentioned in the site simple yet stylish on design front.
The cable is not coiled that's good for me. Didn't get the ATH-M50's just because of that. all cables and packaging of MP4NATION looks good kudos for that :).
WOW!!! Brainwavz did a good job, they compete with 250$ one's in this segment. and the cables are color coded and good. we get the airplane adapter too.
pretty natural sound. lows are very good and mids are good too. still to test with highs, the bass is not very boomy but its there in ample amount. sound somewhat like HD600.
they are worth more than what you spend :)
- more than 2 year(s)
- I've never owned a good pair of headphones before, so I relied mostly on others recommendation for a good pair of closed headphones for PC gaming and music. I am really impressed with the HM5; it has delivered every time. I'm no audiophile, but listening to music is a joy with it.
+ Solid build quality
+ Very comfortable, an extra pair of ear pads is provided too
+ (My personal preference) Detachable cables
- The clamping is a little too much in the beginning, but eases after a few days of usage
- Good bass and neutral sound,
good c/p value headphone!
- more than 2 year(s)
- You just fall in love with these headphones from the moment you see that case they come in. At that moment if you had any doubts before buying these headphones, you realise that they arent going to disappoint you.
As said, presentation is great. And then you start using them and this neutral thing is awsome. Ive never had neutral headphones before, but after these ones, neutral headphones is all Im going to have. They sound incredible in every genre Ive tried them ... classic rock, 80s, 90s, indie, tecno.
About price, the relation price-quality is superb. And regarding to waiting time, it took 3 weeks for arrival (Im in Argentina).
- more than 2 year(s)
- Pros: natural, detailed sound, solid look and build quality, nice materials, comfortable for all-aound-the-day use(deep earpads), little weight, useful accessories, easy for demounting, not much demanding to the sound source, great noise-isolating, replacement earpads and cables
Cons: I tried to find them, really. But it was not successful.
All can I say is WOW. Soundscape is surprisingly great for closed type. In fact, you will got "closed" isolation and "open" soundscape. Design and build quality are solid (my friend thought these monitors cost more than 300$). Sound is neutral, closed to reality. If you want bass-heavy headdphones, HM5's anyway good for this after EQ-tweaking or using analog amplifier with "Bass"-preset, lows are deep and good-deatailed. I listen various genres, from metal to orchestral music, hip-hop, dubstep, acoustic music, and HM5's cope with all genres for 5, no mud, no distortion.
Excellent job, Brainwavz! Highly reccomended!
- more than 2 year(s)
- I was hesitating to buy this phones after using my bayerdynamics DT880PRO250Ohm, but at last i decided to spent money for paire of phones to listen my lossless collecting by driving ccar or making airbrushing in my workshop. I was really surprised - quality of build, complectation, and at last SOUND - all was amasing! very neuitral and very honestly sound. after little "warming" sound was changed to be additionally clear not seeing of closed construction.
noise isolation is quiet well too.
Thi headphones cost every cent spent to it!